Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie O'Dea Statue?

Options
  • 15-12-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

This is a bit odd but yet again today it came up in conversation about the proposed Willie O'Dea statue being erected on the existing plinth across from the former Jesuit church?

- Anyone else hear these rumours? Personally I don't think he'd deserve to have his face printed on a brand of urinal blocks not to mind a statue, I really do hope its not true :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I heard they were going to erect it at liars corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

yup, it is supposed to be so lifelike that they will be real dandruff collected from his crombie its shoulders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

HA! I'm sorry. But the thought of that Mustache on a statue in the middle of the city would be absolutely HILARIOUS! Souths can use it as their "No Entry" Warning poster for him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Heh, you said erect...

..ok I've got my cheap laugh, I'll be off now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

What's the thinking behind this? I may be a bit too young to know of any good he has ever actually done for the city?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... I may be a bit too young to know of any good he has ever actually done for the city?
    and I'm too old :D The little shyte is too mane to even give directions. I tripped over him as I was coming out of the Kiwi one morning. He didn't even apologise for standing outside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

the are plent of statues of him around, just look in the gardens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

apparently they are using this as the model

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSasquEFbB-_oLL6i6pC65BgoShUkOjbgyuY5TAwzfzis9uYNWDKrwpMm2YpA

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I heard they are making a second statue just for his mustache.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

I got one of his 2013 calendars through the door today and I've a good mind to take it back out to his office and fcuk it back at him. I detest that little man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

There isn't seriously a proposal to build a statue of Willie O'Dea?!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

He keeps turning up at Funerals and he walks about town and offers "clinics" but not sure what he's actually done. Every time I see a pic of him posted
    on boards or other websites I cant help but be reminded of the below image.
    I think it those sorrowful I would not harm a fly innocent eyes that reminds me of super mario:
    129165836295195882.jpg

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

What's the thinking behind this? I may be a bit too young to know of any good he has ever actually done for the city?

SFA really, he did stand up to Haughey when they closed barringtons but even then O'Malley pushed him into it(literally, live on tv) and the place still closed. That won him a lot of kudos in limerick. O'Malley deserves a bigger statue if O'Dea gets one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

I think its a great idea but only because I dont live in Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Heh, you said erect...

..ok I've got my cheap laugh, I'll be off now :p

Erect Willy opposite the Jesuits?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Roadend wrote: »
    Erect Willy opposite the Jesuits?

Now there's a news headline I wanna see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Work has begun apparently.....

digging-gold-saddam-hussein-head-statue_md

Location may be changed though. Rumour has it Crosses', Thompsons' and Griffin's funeral parlours are fighting it out to host the Great Stone of Willie outside their patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭watchingthepols

I got one of his 2013 calendars through the door today and I've a good mind to take it back out to his office and fcuk it back at him. I detest that little man!

What area of Limerick do you live in?

I haven't got one in the door yet.

If I know he was going around my area I'd wait in & let him know what I think of him.

I believe they have already created a prototype for the statue.

Pinocchio-2.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rightcornerbk1

They should just rename the Sinn Fein office in Limerick after him, after all he did hand over a massive amount of cash to a Republican who he told lies about. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭watchingthepols

They should just rename the Sinn Fein office in Limerick after him, after all he did hand over a massive amount of cash to a Republican who he told lies about. :D

Careful what you say. I'd advise you to stay away fro Souths pub :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Rightcornerbk1

Careful what you say. I'd advise you to stay away fro Souths pub :)

Willie is one of those Politicians who I would love to meet in the white collar boxing ring.......or Brian Hayes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

Willie is one of those Politicians who I would love to meet in the white collar boxing ring.......or Brian Hayes!!

why did you pick two fcukin useless short asses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

say what you like about Willie but that moustache does deserve a statue. To stay so loyal to a lip for years, inspiring

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Willie missed his chance, when he was minister of defense he should have taken over the country and he could have a load of statues dotted all around the country.
    All men would have to grow a mustache under Willies dictatorship.

HEIL WILLIE, HEIL WILLIE, HEIL WILLIE, HEIL WILLIE, HEIL WILLIE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think anyone has heard anything on these rumours and I can't see any point in leaving the discussion open as Godwin's Law has been invoked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement