Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Banking and Gambling - Advice Needed

Options
  • 15-12-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

Opened an online account with PP back in late March and got quite the shock when my bank statements came recently. Just totted it up and it worked out as 1000 euro deposited and 500 withdrawn over this 9/10 month period. I wouldn't consider myself an addict as it was mainly to pass the time at college during the weekends, I am back home now and starting work soon and rarely gamble at all and if I do its in the local bookies. My concern is, I overdrew my account numerous times during that period, i think the most was by about 50 which went as high as 110 after charges, I repaid within a week or two. My question now is, how do I go about cleaning up my account and my credit rating and will this effect me in the long run should i need a loan/mortgage in a few years time?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

The way things stand now you might have a problem getting credit but if you stop transferring to/from bookies and just use your account in the normal way from now on, everything will be fine in due course. You normally only need to provide statements for 6 months (maximum 1 year) when applying for credit so those transfers will be irrelevant in a years time.

Advertisement