Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juice me up

Options
  • 15-12-2012 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Need a bit of help from those in the know. Ordered a few bottles of juice but forgot to select my strength and its default on the drop down menu was 0mg, don’t want to waste it as it’s lovely stuff but no hit, so need to know how many drops of 50mg nicotine do I need to add to a 10ml and 30ml bottle to get it up to 10mg strength (going to try and come down from 18mg, (try being the operative word)

I have the ejuice me up calculator, but that only calculates using concentrated juice not all ready made up juice and I haven't a clue how many drops to add to my bottles and don't want to poison myself.
    Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

2ml of 50mg in the 10ml stuff so 12ml of 10mg altogether
    6ml of 50ml in the 30ml stuff so 26ml altogether

you're gona need a bigger boat/bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

2ml of 50mg in the 10ml stuff so 12ml of 10mg altogether
    6ml of 50ml in the 30ml stuff so 26ml altogether

you're gona need a bigger boat/bottle
    Thanks Dig's I take it it should be 36ml and not 26 (typo error)
    Going to juice me up know, must be the quickest thread ever to be completed :)

ah yeah, 36ml

ah yeah, 36ml
    What did you use to calculate that?

Just clicked with me, looks like a 1 in 5 ratio?

my brain

good chance it might be wrong but it makes sense to me

• Advertisement

my brain

good chance it might be wrong but it makes sense to me
    That's good enough for me ;)

actually I think it is wrong

for it to be 10mg you want 20% of the final total ml of juice to be made up of 50mg

so for 10ml... you want 2.5ml of 50ml to make 12.5ml of 10mg (10ml of 0mg = 80% of new total, 10/80*100 = 12.5 so you add 2.5ml of 50mg)

for the 30ml, youw ant 7.5ml of 50mg to make 37.5ml of 10mg

not a huge difference

actually I think it is wrong

for it to be 10mg you want 20% of the final total ml of juice to be made up of 50mg

so for 10ml... you want 2.5ml of 50ml to make 12.5ml of 10mg

for the 30ml, youw ant 7.5ml of 50mg to make 37.5ml of 10mg

not a huge difference
    Might make all the difference to me in trying to drop from 18mg to 10mg.
    Don't know whether it's my chain vaping or 18mg strength that keeps making me horse/hoarse, and easier to drop down in mg strength to check first if it's that than cut back on chain vaping :(

are you drinking enough water as you vape? it does dry the throat out a fair bit

I still get that sometimes, not exactly a sore throat but a huskiness in the back when i've been hitting it hard

are you drinking enough water as you vape? it does dry the throat out a fair bit

I still get that sometimes, not exactly a sore throat but a huskiness in the back when i've been hitting it hard
    I never drink water when I'm vaping, tried it once and got water all down my twist, couldn't fit the glass and twist in together and I've a big mouth :D. No seriously I don't drink anything when I'm vaping, might try it though and see if it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

kiffy wrote: »
    I never drink water when I'm vaping, tried it once and got water all down my twist, couldn't fit the glass and twist in together and I've a big mouth :D. No seriously I don't drink anything when I'm vaping, might try it though and see if it helps.

Jaysis kiffster, how have you not shrivelled up like a raisin? I used to drink 6 pints of water a day and have had to up that since I started vaping.

artyeva wrote: »
    Jaysis kiffster, how have you not shrivelled up like a raisin? I used to drink 6 pints of water a day and have had to up that since I started vaping.

Yes but I thought that was from old age.

Can say I haven't drank any extra fluids since I started vaping, though I do usually drink about 3 cans of minerals a day and about 3 cups of tea, but that’s it unless I have a pint.
    Wasn’t aware that you needed extra fluids because of the vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Wasn’t aware that you needed extra fluids because of the vaping.

Glycerine Absorbs Fluid from your mouth like crazy, sounds like you aren't drinking halfway enough.

I was on 24mg to start cause I thought i needed it but always had that "harshness" that I thought was just part of the process ..

However since I started making my own juice have found that 12-10mg is probably the best balance between enough nicotine to sort the craving, getting a decent throat hit and best taste out of flavoring.

was.deevey wrote: »
    Glycerine Absorbs Fluid from your mouth like crazy, sounds like you aren't drinking halfway enough.

I was on 24mg to start cause I thought i needed it but always had that "harshness" that I thought was just part of the process ..

However since I started making my own juice have found that 12-10mg is probably the best balance between enough nicotine to sort the craving, getting a decent throat hit and best taste out of flavoring.

I'm beggining to think everybody has hit the nail on the bonce over my hoarseness, would Bulmers light do the trick the same as water ;).

Might give 10mg a trial once my stock of 18mg runs down, got too much juice at 18mg to be vaped first. I think the higher the nic the more it takes away from the flavour of the juice, I noticed this once when I was on the cigalike cart's got 6mg by mistake and the actual taste was way better than my 24mg but put it down to dry cart's rather than higher nic taking away some of the flavour.

Advertisement