Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Spamming? How do I promote my business

Options
  • 15-12-2012 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

I am in the early stages of building a classifieds website and I have started trying to get people to become aware of it on facebook, where I have started a page and have a large number of followers who I have added myself and some have followed and added us.

The problem is that facebook keep blocking the site saying that I am spamming and asking me to provide checks to see that I am not a machine which I have luckily passed. Now they want my phone number to send on a code, as I am on holidays I cant provide one just yet.

I guess I need to transfer all my friends to a fan page by way of migration. How can I promote the page when I do have a fan page. When it is friends page I can add who I want but this is not possible with a fan page.

Any hints on how I should migrate, or whether I should just start a new fan page and promote it through my current friends page? If I do this it seems that facebook just keep trying to block me.

Cheers

Advertisement