Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do devices say they play mp4 & then dont?

Options
  • 15-12-2012 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone can answer this for me, as i got the devices a while ago

This one from Aldi:
    Tevion/hifi-systems/dvdipod-hifi dvd-multi-media-micro-system-with-ipod-dock, it says incorrect format, so i connected a HDMI lead to the Samsung Full HD, still the same thing?

This one from Lidl: it was a SilvercrestHDMI dvd player with a usb playback, sadly cant find a link for it.

Has anyone ever had a problem with these playing these files?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mp4 is just a container, so depending on what it contains in terms of codec it may or not play. it doesn't help, but not mcuh that can be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You need to find out more about the Files you have, and the files your equipment supports. Then meet in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I tried the file on gspot to see what file it was, it was an mp4 but had the name fov before it, on the Tevion website it says it says
    Plays DVD, DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW, VCD, SVCD, DivX, CD, CD+/-R, CD+/-RW, MP3, MPEG4, JPEG Photo CD
    It was just frustrating as it happened a few time with a few titles named fov.mp4, so i just kept away from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Damn its happened again, i checked out the file on gspot & seems to have the same details as the other .mp4 files i have. Its an x264 fov.mp4 file that seem to be giving trouble, as it was a pity as the file i was looking for was the only one that had that name fov.:(
    As it played other x264....mp4 files.

I've even checked for a firmware update here but to no avail it doesnt recognise it & tells me to check it again, as soon as you insert the memory stick into the tv it asks you what to do with it the media play/software upgrade.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Advertisement