Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live boxing on ESPN tonight - 14/12 10pm

Options
  • 14-12-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Haskins v Jamoye for the EBU Bantamweight Title. 1 hour long show so presumably only 1 fight being shown.
    Only realised it was on by accident. Any free live boxing feels like a bonus these days.
    I'd have stuck it in the live boxing thread but I'm not sure how much that is followed, plus it's on in about 3 hours....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭megadodge

Followed by the WSB with Joe Ward and David Oliver Joyce fighting. Can't wait to see Ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

That Haskins fight was incredible. One of the fights of the year (which says something in December) and I'd recommend anyone to give it a watch if they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't believe it. I was watching Ringside tonight and heard about the Haskins fight and I assumed Sky would be showing it. I found out that they weren't, and I didn't bother searching other channels. I am sure ESPN will replay this very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭el flaco

Big Ears wrote: »
    That Haskins fight was incredible. One of the fights of the year (which says something in December) and I'd recommend anyone to give it a watch if they can.

Yeah it was a cracking fight. Both fighters were really going for it. Haskins was more attacking than he has been at times in the past.
    The only disappointing aspect was the referee, Luigi Muratore. He is a very poor ref. He was intervening far too quickly, far too often. The fighters didn't even manage to reach a clinch on a lot of occassions and he was breaking them. The way both were fighting, some inside work would have been good to give them a little rest and they were both attacking enough that they would probably have worked their way out of their own accord. Muratore was reffing the DeGale fight last week and made of couple of blunders, like stopping the fighters for the bell that existed only in his head.

Long story short, I would definitely watch a rematch.

Gonna have to keep an eye on the listings too. These ESPN fights seem to sneak under the radar!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

So do any of you guys know if there are any radio stations covering the boxing tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭el flaco

So do any of you guys know if there are any radio stations covering the boxing tonight?

None that I know of anyway. BBC are only doing text commentary I think.

Advertisement