Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing clubs in Cork

Options
  • 14-12-2012 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Can anyone recommend any good boxing clubs in Cork City or nearby the city?
    Thanks

Comments

Depends whereabouts you are - east of city I'm involved in a club in Midleton, we train Boxing Monday/Wednesday and Saturday, Thai Boxing on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday and throw in a few sparring sessions as well for interested parties.

Douglas direction, there's the Boxing Clinic in Frankfield/Donnybrook direction. North of city, K2C in Blackpool have classes.

There's a fair few IABA clubs as well around the place, but whether they accept adults/people training for fitness varies from club to club. From experience, unless you're interested in fighting and competing, alot of them really aren't that bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 millsy

I'd really just be interested in it for fitness. I wouldn't have the time to commit to it full time to be fit enough for competing.

What's The boxing Clinic like? That's closer to where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

millsy wrote: »
    I'd really just be interested in it for fitness. I wouldn't have the time to commit to it full time to be fit enough for competing.

What's The boxing Clinic like? That's closer to where I live.

Boxing Clinic is great, have been there since they opened and I love going up there. I got super fit super quick and would reccommend them to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29 millsy

Roar wrote: »
    Boxing Clinic is great, have been there since they opened and I love going up there. I got super fit super quick and would reccommend them to anyone

Do they welcome people only intending to train for fitness?
    What are their rates? It's not specified on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

millsy wrote: »
    Do they welcome people only intending to train for fitness?
    What are their rates? It's not specified on their website.

yeah they do, I train just for fitness. In fact the majority of the people are up there for fitness, I would think, although they have an ever growing number of fighters up there too. Great atmosphere up there too.

Give them a ring on 021-4840627 and they'll help you out with whatever questions you have

• Advertisement

Don't listen to a word that Stewart fella says though, he's an awful bluffer :D

Advertisement