Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Cooker - Some weak flake, some not staying on

Options
  • 14-12-2012 2:32pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks
    Have a Baumatic 6 burner hob. Have it about 7 years now.
    It has 4 standard burners and then a 2 burner centre one, with a large burner and a small burner.

There are 3 of the burners perfect. One that will light but goes out straight away and then 2 that have a very weak flame.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

yop wrote: »
    Folks
    Have a Baumatic 6 burner hob. Have it about 7 years now.
    It has 4 standard burners and then a 2 burner centre one, with a large burner and a small burner.

There are 3 of the burners perfect. One that will light but goes out straight away and then 2 that have a very weak flame.

Any ideas?
    Is it the two R/H burners that are weak?
    We have a 6 Burner hob from Baumatic too.
    The centre twin ring is fine, the L/H back and front are good as well. The R/H ones which don't get used much are pretty poor, I think its to do with lack of use and the jets getting clogged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Sounds like dirty injectors and burners, get an RGI out to service.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

thanks for the replies.

The 2 on the right are the worst yes, 1 wont stay light and the other is weak.

Are all plumbers RGI? I have done all my own plumbing in the last 6 years so can't answer that question myself! :)

Can I check anything myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

No, you cannot work on a gas appliance, neither can a plumber, you need a RGI.............. www.rgii.ie

Advertisement