Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush 42" HD Ready Freeview Plasma TV or LG CS460 42" Full HD 1080p LCD TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

LG,Sony,& Toshiba are all quality brands and any one of them should suit your needs.Just make sure you check out that it is Saorview approved and make it a condition that it works on the Saorview package.I believe that there are tvs on the market brought in from the UK that will not work. Check the model No. elseware on this site( proberly in the terrestrial section) to see if it has official Saorview approval. TMULL

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gemma188

Thanks for the info. And what the difference between TVs that are saorview and those that are freeview? Also would you recommend Bush TVs? Im looking at this one now....
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5298374/c_1/1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|19780832/c_2/3|cat_19780832|Televisions|14419667.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

A Freeview Tv will not decode the Irish channels (Saorview). It must be either A Saorview approved set,which means that it was certified (at great cost)by the quango set up by the crowd that organizes these things. A Freeview+ set is a HD set that decodes the high definition channels in the UK but will also decode the Saorview package here in Ireland even if it is not Saorview approved.I know nothing about Bush tvs except that they would be in the budget range of sets. I would be inclined to go for the ones in your first post if you can afford it.TMULL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

tmull wrote: »
    A Freeview Tv will not decode the Irish channels (Saorview). It must be either A Saorview approved set,which means that it was certified (at great cost)by the quango set up by the crowd that organizes these things. A Freeview+ set is a HD set that decodes the high definition channels in the UK but will also decode the Saorview package here in Ireland even if it is not Saorview approved.I know nothing about Bush tvs except that they would be in the budget range of sets. I would be inclined to go for the ones in your first post if you can afford it.TMULL
    Bush is owned by Argos, ok quality on small screens, but poor resolution on larger tv's

Advertisement