Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling MBP ..Need Pre Sale Advice

Options
  • 14-12-2012 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I am selling trying to sell my MBP and was wondering what the best way to prepare it for sale is.:(

I need to clear everything off the computer of a personal nature but dont want to remove some of the programmes that I have installed for example Office 08 for Mac:eek:

More importantly the OS was upgraded to OS X ML and if i return it to original factory condition ( Not even sure if thats can be done??) will my OS revert to the previous OS

Any help or tips appreciated and sorry if this is covered somewhere else. Mods feel free to move post if necessary.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

I'm selling my iMac after Christmas when my new 27-incher arrives (happy days!). I've bookmarked a Lifehacker article for a handy checklist for then. A couple of useful comments underneath too.

If you're reformatting, you can retain Mountain Lion on your MBP but you'll remove any programs such as Office 08. In my experience, buyers prefer a clean machine rather than leftover software that may or may not be of interest to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Mikey23 wrote: »
    I'm selling my iMac after Christmas when my new 27-incher arrives (happy days!). I've bookmarked a Lifehacker article for a handy checklist for then. A couple of useful comments underneath too.

If you're reformatting, you can retain Mountain Lion on your MBP but you'll remove any programs such as Office 08. In my experience, buyers prefer a clean machine rather than leftover software that may or may not be of interest to them.

I appreciate the reply and link Mikey23. Cheers:)

Advertisement