Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBP takes a long time to wake from deep sleep

Options
  • 13-12-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

I have a mid 2012 13" MBP running mountain lion. Since one of the updates a while back (i'm guessing, not sure if it coincides with the update) when it wakes from a deep sleep it does the following:

i hear the drive wake up (simlar to a boot)
    screen greys out and a progress bar appears at the bottom
    after the bar fills screen goes normal again
    a few seconds later my mouse pointer appears
    a few more seconds pass and i can then enter my password
    this takes about 20 seconds or so and during that time the battery and time are from when it went to sleep and only changes when i can enter my password.

is this normal?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

By deep sleep I assume you mean hibernation. Yes, this can take quite a while with a HDD. 20 seconds is probably normal depending on how many apps you had open. It's a lot faster with SSDs.

Waking from normal sleep shouldn't take this long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

ok cool, normal sleep is fine. was just wondering.

thanks.

Advertisement