Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any toy shops in the city centre?

Options
  • 13-12-2012 9:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Any toy shops in the city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

I dont think there is, now that is a big loss to the city, Roches stores was the last toy store I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

is there one in Arthurs quey, I remember there used to be a toy store upstairs, its years since I was in Arthurs Quey s/c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Beaver1 wrote: »
    is there one in Arthurs quey, I remember there used to be a toy store upstairs, its years since I was in Arthurs Quey s/c
    World of Wonder, it's gone for years there's a wok food place in there now, WoW out by the Parkway now. Smyths toys is closed as well in City Center, it's a pity.

OP - if you have to stay in City Centre there's a small selection of toys in Debenhams or BT maybe? Art and Hobby across from BT would be something as well, other than that it's only charity shops or poundshops
    If a car is a problem you could get the bus to Childers Road or Jetland to get to Smyths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

It is ridiculous that there is no real toy shop in the city centre. Cork has a massive Smyths down a back alley that is always busy when I'm there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

there's a selection of toys in Mothercare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is ridiculous that there is no real toy shop in the city centre. Cork has a massive Smyths down a back alley that is always busy when I'm there.

Yeah that is the one near BT. It does crazy business and the footfall on that small street is quite high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

argos cruises street and mothercare

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats really bad! I used to love going into town and pop into one of the toy shops. The one Roches had was the best when I was younger, they had a santa there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Ah the good old days - toys everywhere in town -

Tots To Teens
    Upstairs in Easons
    Out the back of Boyds
    Upstairs in Todds
    Woolworths
    Ryans on Patrick street ( downstairs for toys )
    Roches stores
    Upstairs in Bolgers

Action Man / Train sets / Airfix everywhere ...

All gone .. :(

Advertisement