Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postpartum Preeclampsia

Options
  • 13-12-2012 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had experience postpartum preeclampsia?

I was induced early because of high blood pressure. I got it at the end of my pregnancy and everything was quite sudden. I was admitted on a routine appointment and induced a day later and delivered 3 weeks early. All was ok after the delivery and i was released 3 days after I gave birth. Unfortuately the same day I was released I was re admitted via the emergency room as my blood pressure reached 200/150 and I was kept in for 12 days. On Saturday I will be six weeks after delivery. I was still on 200mg of labetalol three times day with no sign of my medication being reduced of yet.
    I'm getting really fed up, feel like crap. Has anyone else experience this? I have to go for bp checks every week and blood pressure staying around 140/90ish mark which is really low compared to what it peaked at in the A&E. I still feel unwell and have pressure in my head and feel like i'll never returned back to normal!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry sleepytrees, no medical advice. Make sure you make the hospital aware that you are not feeling ok in your day to day doings and don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement