Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendship in Athenry

Options
  • 13-12-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I would like to find a female friend in Athenry who has same interest as me.
    I am a 37 years old mother and wife, and i dont like nights out,or pubs,so i dont meet that much with people. I love cooking , baking, watch a good movie, chat about everything, like to go for a walk with someone, or go together to the gym.
    Have I any chance to find a friend here? Hope the best. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Maybe join a class over at the Raheen Wood's gym or the Discrict past the church. Have you any children?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The Irish Country Woman's association could be an option. They cover allot of your interests and have plenty going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

There's a terrific little choir that meets and practices in the local Colaiste on Tuesday nights. Lots of women in their 30's & 40's very genuine, friendly and loads of craic. There's a very active Tidy Towns group (mostly men there but a few women) great bunch too. There's the local tourism group who help organise events and the local website, a motley crew of all ages and interests. There's a Craft 'n Chat group who meet on Wednesdays, again, a lovely bunch, they've a facebook page, . The Parish Newsletter here and the tourism website here should cover most things. Have a gawk at the notice board in the Library.

I've been living in Athenry for a year over a year and a half and I've found them a grand bunch and I've made some great mates by just jumping into what's going on:D.

Advertisement