Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Genie. -- any opnions

Options
  • 13-12-2012 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

I just got a link to this in my email, its for connecting solid fuel boilers to sealed systems made by systemlink

http://systemlink.ie/products/heat-genie

Havent finished reading it yet but thought I would post it for you all to have a look at and comment on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

They do very innovate products, expensive though. They do a plate heat exchanger for connecting a stove to a closed heating system too. They have information days from time to time keeping meaning to pop along. In the new year hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭jimjimt

I have used a lot of system links in the past and their products are great.

I think the expense of converting in full to a heat genie and a full system link system will not be for the majority who will install a stove. Lot of wiring and pipe rearranging to do. Unless you have a system link system install already.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Milltown17

Hi
    Im looking for some help.im installing a stove with a back boiler and dont want to rip up my floor to get to my hot tank.my plumber told me about this heat genie system link which would save me money by riping up my floor.im just wondering has anyone any experience with them and what are they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I haven't installed one, but I will say systemlink have a good name in the industry the product looks to me to be a good one.

I will say that proper installation of the product is key. Obviously all safety features on the device must be installed and it must be ensured the back boiler system is open vented.

If the situation arose I would have no issue trying this product out on an installation for a client.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Milltown17 wrote: »
    Hi
    Im looking for some help.im installing a stove with a back boiler and dont want to rip up my floor to get to my hot tank.my plumber told me about this heat genie system link which would save me money by riping up my floor.im just wondering has anyone any experience with them and what are they like.
    Hi
    Check out a device called Laddomat.
    But please note the back boiler must be vented as part of 3G safety standards
    You could also go for a stove which can be pressurised and has all the safety devices attached.
    Cc

• Advertisement
Advertisement