Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiting my Nicotine habit

Options
  • 13-12-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭

Don't worry, this is in the right forum.

Recieved my latest order yesterday and tried out the new juices and clearo's I bought.

Bought some El Toro Virginia Prime, Puros and Eden. Have only tried the Virginia Prime so far but a big 'Meh' from me. Can't taste much but what I can taste I don't imagine I want tasting stronger if the Kanger T2 is to blame for the subdued taste. Kanger T2? Well, I put some Liqua French Pipe that I like in that and I can barely taste a thing. I pre-empted the chance that I might not like the El Toro or the Kangers so bought some new heads for my Mini Vivi's. Turns out that they might be a new style head....thats too tall for the mini Vivi and pushes and separates the two pieces that make up the top cap.....+......burnt taste from the getgo. I think out of every 5 heads I've bought for the vivi about 2 have not given a burnt taste from the getgo.

I just feel like giving up tbh. Its not even the hardware inconsistancies that bother me so much, I just haven't liked any juice I've tried other than Liqua French Pipe and Turkish and my tastebuds desinsitise to them in a few days and I have to vape something else that I either can't taste or don't particularily like the taste of until my tastebuds have forgotten about the Liquas. A new 3 or 4 days of tasting the Liquas before I have to rinse and repeat.

In other words, whats the point in trying out other hardware be it LT's or Provaris etc or carto's etc when I still don't enjoy most juices anyway.

I think I am going to knock this nicotine addiction on the head completely now. Vaping has done its job. Its put 4 months between me and full-time cigarette smoking. I smoked one of my mothers silk cut ultra(she vapes a smokegreen but still has the odd real one) and I was nauseous after it. I can smell smoke off other people now and its not nice. The idea of smoking a cigarette does not appeal to me at all anymore. Can't imagine going back now.

TBH, everything going tasteless or not tasting nice is probably what I needed to make the clean break. Enjoying vaping helped me make the transition from the real thing and now not enjoying it will help me make the final transistion to being nicotine free.

The difference this time is that where before giving into the cravings meant buying a pack of fags, giving into the craving now will just mean taking the odd toke off my e-cig until one day, I'll realise I 'forgot' to take a toke all day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Try that Eden there, disregard the other two. Anytime you get a craving, at least you can have a go of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I'm seven months off the fags now, and while I still enjoy vaping I don't believe it's as powerful an addiction as cigarettes. I too feel the cigarette habit is broken, and vaping is not the same as smoking at all. Initially, when I started vaping first, I wasn't bothered if I ever quit nicotine, but I feel now that maybe in 2013 sometime, I'll either work towards vaping non-nicotine juices or quit it altogether. I think I'll always keep a device on stand-by as there's plenty of people who've quit cigarettes for a lot longer than me and who have eventually gone back to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Calibos wrote: »
    Don't worry, this is in the right forum.

Recieved my latest order yesterday and tried out the new juices and clearo's I bought.

Bought some El Toro Virginia Prime, Puros and Eden. Have only tried the Virginia Prime so far but a big 'Meh' from me. Can't taste much but what I can taste I don't imagine I want tasting stronger if the Kanger T2 is to blame for the subdued taste. Kanger T2? Well, I put some Liqua French Pipe that I like in that and I can barely taste a thing. I pre-empted the chance that I might not like the El Toro or the Kangers so bought some new heads for my Mini Vivi's. Turns out that they might be a new style head....thats too tall for the mini Vivi and pushes and separates the two pieces that make up the top cap.....+......burnt taste from the getgo. I think out of every 5 heads I've bought for the vivi about 2 have not given a burnt taste from the getgo.

I just feel like giving up tbh. Its not even the hardware inconsistancies that bother me so much, I just haven't liked any juice I've tried other than Liqua French Pipe and Turkish and my tastebuds desinsitise to them in a few days and I have to vape something else that I either can't taste or don't particularily like the taste of until my tastebuds have forgotten about the Liquas. A new 3 or 4 days of tasting the Liquas before I have to rinse and repeat.

In other words, whats the point in trying out other hardware be it LT's or Provaris etc or carto's etc when I still don't enjoy most juices anyway.

I think I am going to knock this nicotine addiction on the head completely now. Vaping has done its job. Its put 4 months between me and full-time cigarette smoking. I smoked one of my mothers silk cut ultra(she vapes a smokegreen but still has the odd real one) and I was nauseous after it. I can smell smoke off other people now and its not nice. The idea of smoking a cigarette does not appeal to me at all anymore. Can't imagine going back now.

TBH, everything going tasteless or not tasting nice is probably what I needed to make the clean break. Enjoying vaping helped me make the transition from the real thing and now not enjoying it will help me make the final transistion to being nicotine free.

The difference this time is that where before giving into the cravings meant buying a pack of fags, giving into the craving now will just mean taking the odd toke off my e-cig until one day, I'll realise I 'forgot' to take a toke all day.

Fair play to you Keith, I hope your attempt to kick all things cig/vape like habit works out for you ;). I'll be off fags 7 months on the 20th, and don't think I have the will power or see the need to give up nic or smoking habit via vaping.
    At times my favorite juices don't taste great, whether its my chain vaping, coil of what, I still keep vaping, could probably vape flavourless juice just to keep vaping. I went to collect my lad from Limerick City and found my Pr***ri wasn't working, nearly had a heart attack at the thought of an hour without a vape (sad or what :o)
    Good luck mate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Crisis of faith averted. Turns out I've got yet another cold only about 6 weeks after the last bout. Ie. taste buds shot to hell again. Isn't it amazing how it stops you tasting nice things like e liquids and food but doesn't stop you tasting nasty things like burnt wicks! :D

Was able to take something away from the episode. I lasted a few hours without nicotine. Even did the weekly shop for the first time in donkeys years without the security blanket of a pack of cigs or e-cig. I had dinner, couldn't really taste it, realised what the real problem was And then gave in to my first real carving after dinner. Like Jaq, I don't think the addiction to vaping is as severe as the one I had for all the aspects of smoking. I feel confident that when the time comes, I'll begin by moving down the nicotine levels before making the final break.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i've had lots of moments like this in the past year. the rda thread is filled with posts of me saying "right, **** this. i'm done with vaping. selling all my **** tomorrow"

cold aside, get yourself a nice little dripper so that when you get sick of a particular flavour or it becomes tasteless.. screw the dripper on and try a couple of different juices to shock your tastebuds back into life. maybe a menthol or fruit, or just a different tobacco. you dont have to love the juice but it will at least be something different and when you go back to your mainstay, you'll taste it much clearer again.

about the virginia prime.. leave it with the cap off for a week or two in a drawer. lots of people get that with the el toro juices, they just are not impressed at all and come back to it a few weeks later and it's like a whole new juice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I was going to post exactly the same as Digby. Buy a good dripper. It's the only way you ever really get the best of the flavour and vapour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

i've had lots of moments like this in the past year. the rda thread is filled with posts of me saying "right, **** this. i'm done with vaping. selling all my **** tomorrow"

If you decide to follow through with that, let me know... this AGA-T is fantastic on the Vamo!

Advertisement