Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to education pay? (BTEI)

Options
  • 13-12-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I'm currently doing a fetac level 4 in FAS, I'm finished this summer and would like to do a PLC in either law or media.
    I'm 20 and Iv been out of school the past 2 years and have been doing this fas course for this period.

Iv heard of a back to education allowance, does anyone know how I go about this? Or can anyone point me to any websites that has relevant information about this?

Thanks,
    Much appreciated :)
    Dylan

Comments

You might be a bit young. Check with your Labour exchange and they will fill you in. You might be able to get a SUSI grant instead. You could check out http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/BackToEducation/Pages/default.aspx

or

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/back_to_education/back_to_education_allowance.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

you must be 23 or over i.e a mature student

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

you must be 23 or over i.e a mature student

I don't think this is true. Have you got a link?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Age limits
    To qualify for the Back to Education Allowance, you must be at least 21 years of age. You must be 24 for a third-level postgraduate course.

However, if you are getting Jobseeker's Allowance, Jobseeker's Benefit or One-Parent Family Payment for the required period (3 or 9 months), are aged between 18 and 20 and have been out of the formal education system for at least 2 years you may qualify.

Advertisement