Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has a 3ds demo ever encouraged you to buy a game?

Options
  • 13-12-2012 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

And if so, which ones? Were there any that then turned you off buying a game?

I really liked the Theatrhythm demo, so much so that I bought it!

I was really put off by the Rhythm Thief demo, just purely because I realised that I wasn't particularly good at it...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Ditto on theatrhythm and rhythm thief, played the demos and bought final fantasy for the music but decided against rhythm thief because I was hopeless at the remotely-challenging sections. :) Got mgs3 and nintendogs after trying demos, and I think I'll get Denpa Men after playing the demo. I tried the farming simulator too, it's alright fun but I don't think it'd hold my attention for too long so I'll give that one a miss. Overall I love the demo offerings on the eShop, I don't mind the limited uses either, since I normally would only try a demo once or twice anyway before deciding whether or not to buy the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Metal Gear Solid put me off buying the game. Without that Demo I'd have made an expensive mistake

Resident Evil and Denpa Men got me off the fence and into my wallet. Nintendogs kind of convinced me> my daughter loved it so when I saw it going cheap i picked it up.

Have to say though, Denpa Men is very repetitive and possibly very short. I'm not sure it's value for money in this age of Steam deep discount sales and humble bundles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

The Resident Evil demo pretty much confirmed my desire to buy the game; I'm going to buy Theatrythm and Rhythm Thief in the near future based on their demos as well (once I've reduced my backlog a bit).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I agree about Theatrhythm, that demo is awesome.

I considered getting the game but didn't as of yet. I still play the demo sometimes, it really is one of the best.

M&S at the Olympic Games demo kind of deterred me from buying the actual game. It reminded me too much of the 2008 edition on DS.

Advertisement