Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pump for Mira Essentials pumped shower

Options
  • 12-12-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi I have an "Essentials" brand pumped / power shower (not electric) and the pump has packed in. I had a plumber go and look at it and he thinks it's made by Mira but he's not 100%. He reckons a new pump could cost up to 200 euro. I googled it and it seems to be made by Mira but there's not much info available.

- anyone heard of an "Essentials" make
    - roughly how much would a replacement pump cost
    - can the pump be bought in Dublin

Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

If it's 200 a shower is only 230.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Some_randomer

corkgsxr wrote: »
    If it's 200 a shower is only 230.

True a brand new shower probably isn't much more than 200, but the plumber said my Essentials one hasn't got standard inlets / fittings and to fit a new shower would involve moving pipes etc which could cost up to 500 including labour. Does this sound right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

True a brand new shower probably isn't much more than 200, but the plumber said my Essentials one hasn't got standard inlets / fittings and to fit a new shower would involve moving pipes etc which could cost up to 500 including labour. Does this sound right?

€300 to move a couple of pipes a couple of inches to the left or right. Nice money if you can get it.
    Where is moving the pipes to, next door!

shane0007 wrote: »
    €300 to move a couple of pipes a couple of inches to the left or right. Nice money if you can get it.
    Where is moving the pipes to, next door!

Yep my thoughts exactly but not really knowing much about the whole thing I'm kind of stuck. The shower is in a small bathroom in an apartment and is a tricky space for working, so that may be why he quoted a high price for replacing it. More questions:

- am I better off getting a completely new shower?
    - if so should I go for a fully electric one or stay with a pumped / power one like I currently have? (which is fed from a tank / cylinder heated by an immersion)
    - if I stick with the same type that I have what should I expect to pay for a new one including fitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

The pump you need is referance no 453.03 costs 89.00 euro plus vat, available ex Modern Plant 01 4591433 , Diy fix :)

• Advertisement

The pump you need is referance no 453.03 costs 89.00 euro plus vat, available ex Modern Plant 01 4591433 , Diy fix :)
    Thanks for that much appreciated. Do you know anyone that would fit it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Thanks for that much appreciated. Do you know anyone that would fit it for me?

The Shower Doctor , Parkwest
    You will get their number off Directory enq :)

Advertisement