Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Thunderbolt Display Stolen

Options
  • 12-12-2012 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Ok My girl friend had a breakin a few weeks ago and the main thing that was taken was the Apple Thunderbolt Display 27Inchs, I was the mug that paid over a grand for this last year.
    The police did not give a monkeys .They told me because it was not a pc to forget it as this couldnt be traced...(No dout this would be to much paperwork)
    Is there a way that the didplay can be tracked, like a laptop (Had my laptop stolen last year) is there anyway if they connct to a laptop i can find the so and so and get it back. Or is this just the end for me.
    To say im not a happy chap is a understatement, im not a rich dude, and it took me some time to save to buy this for her
    :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 xoxoxox

dublinjock wrote: »
    Ok My girl friend had a breakin a few weeks ago and the main thing that was taken was the Apple Thunderbolt Display 27Inchs, I was the mug that paid over a grand for this last year.
    The police did not give a monkeys .They told me because it was not a pc to forget it as this couldnt be traced...(No dout this would be to much paperwork)
    Is there a way that the didplay can be tracked, like a laptop (Had my laptop stolen last year) is there anyway if they connct to a laptop i can find the so and so and get it back. Or is this just the end for me.
    To say im not a happy chap is a understatement, im not a rich dude, and it took me some time to save to buy this for her
    :mad::mad::mad:

the 27" display has an ethernet port built in, which has a mac address, as it fires the video signal, and network connection, down the thunderbolt cable to the connected macbook pro, or other mac.

if you know the mac address / serial number then you can easily proove its yours, should you come accross it.

these are unique items that could help proove ownership, should it appear for sale somewhere.

do you have a record of any of this? do you still have the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dublinjock

Thanks xoxoxox
    Thats what i thought myself.
    The Guarda (2 of them) told me that the only way i could trace it was if i seen it up for sale, i could report it and get it back that way.

But unless i can find it in someones house or up for sale then forget about it. They even said they had a idea of who broke in and all the stuff taken would be sold up the north.

This is why i was hoping if someone conected it to the net it could send a signal to let apple of myself know.

I have all the paper work recepits Numbers etc and even have the box, but it seems i have to know who has it to prove its mine.

I know im cluthing at straws but i just want to make every effort to get it back dont want to make it easy for the w**k**s who took it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Isn't it covered by her house contents insurance? Even if there's a €100 excess it would still be worth claiming.

Advertisement