Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie needing advice!

Options
  • 12-12-2012 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I gave up smoking about 3 months ago and after about 6 weeks of almost overdosing on nicotine losenges i was seriously thinking of going back on them but tried a jasper and jasper disposable instead. The first one lasted me 5 days and i thought this is great i was actually enjoying them after a few days, got to the stage where i wasnt even getting a day put of a disposable so i went and bought a starter kit from them with the cartridges but again im not getting a whole lot of use from them they arent lasting very long so i went and bought the ego t going by a few reviews i seen, now obviously i didnt do my homework properly cause to me its the biggest ugliest looking contraption ive ever seen, really that shouldnt matter i suppose but it does, ive gotten used to smoking the disposables in public and around people and used to the stares but i dont think i could do it with the ego t! I really would be looking for something that looks like a cigarette, yet something that i could use juices with so im not spending a fortune. I got a few juices with the ego t to try. One was Benson and Hedges, i think there the dekang juices, having read reviews on the stickies i seen a lot of people mentioning nutty sugary flavours but couldnt really imagine what that'd taste like till i tried them,, my god it was rank i wanted to scrape my tongue after trying it, so then i tried the menthol and it was like smoking a bottle of olbas oil or a packet of airwaves, i tried it on an off throughout the day but found it too sickening. So im back smoking my japsper and jasper disposable again, i use both the tobacco and menthol flavours in them, can anyone who has tried these tell me what juices i could try that would be closest in flavour to these apart from the ones mentioned above, i seriuosly need to cut back on the amount im spending, plus if anyone wants to buy an ego-t pm me, altho i havent really done a good job of selling it goin by this post:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

My advice would be to buy one of these: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangt2.htm and this juice (mild smoky/mellow flavour): http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/rya.htm

Can be used with your Ego batteries. Won't look like a cigarette but should taste lovely and give you a nice throat hit.

Alternatively you could try the smaller Volt kit: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/voltstarter.htm

You'd still need the juice above but the batteries are more cig-sized.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

If the J&J rechargable kit has a 510 connection and you're happy enough with the battery life you could just get some of the Kanger T4's and the RY4A juice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

The problem you will have is that any of the "Cigarette" looking batteries only have about half the power of your Ego, even the Volt is only 450mah vs 650-1100mah for an ego. So whatever way you look at it they (a) wont last as long (b) lower voltages generally means less heat = less flavour and with smaller batteries the voltage drops to an unacceptable level in a much shorter period of time.

You could check out the Ovale Elipse .. its not exactly cigarette shape but its pretty small and has a replaceable Atomizer System same as the ego-c.

And yeah Dekang juices taste pretty yick IMHO.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

I won this at vapefest (http://purevapour.com/product/purevapour/senses-advanced-kit) and it's had some very admiring glances when I'm out. The batteries are pretty small too but probably a little bigger than a cigalike. The only thing that went wrong for me was that the head needed to be tightened and it seemed to take a while for the juice to soak in to the wick when I first filled it. When it's working, it's very tasty and vapourful (it's made by kanger who also make the t2's and t3's we've been raving about).
    Juicewise I tried a couple that were horrible and then tried some of the wingnut's juices from e-smokeireland.eu and am still working my way through the range 4 months later and he keeps making new ones too! If you're around Dublin, I'd be happy to meet you so you can try a few of them? I could even dig out the pure vapour alips for you to see if you like it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

grrrrrrrrr wrote: »
    i went and bought the ego t going by a few reviews i seen, now obviously i didnt do my homework properly cause to me its the biggest ugliest looking contraption ive ever seen, really that shouldnt matter i suppose but it does, ive gotten used to smoking the disposables in public and around people and used to the stares but i dont think i could do it with the ego t

Not much point ppl's sticking in the usual link for you so of http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm
    :p:D:p:D:p:D

But you might want to take a look at this link, small device a newly out, and uses automatic batteries so more like your search for a cigalike and has a PCC to make up for the short battery life, and only costs €50 from TBS.
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/joye-eroll/188-joye-eroll.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 grrrrrrrrr

(http://purevapour.com/product/pureva...s-advanced-kit) At first glance i would have thought this was a pregnancy test! Thanks for the offer of trying the juices i might take u up on it if im in dublin anytime soon, likewise if anyone wants the dekang juices i have then just pm me i wont have any use for them

I like the look of the ovale elipse system its a lot more discreet looking than the ego-t and from the review seems to produce a lot of vapour i like that with the ego-t, i havent used it again yet i can still smell the dekang juices on it so it needs a good clean, i might even stick with it for use at home and then a smaller device for when im out an an about

sept09baby im happpy enough with jasper and jasper but its a cartridge system that doesnt take refills of juice just new cartridges but i did read somewhere about taking them apart and soaking the wick in juice which seems handy enough so i just need to find the right juice now and then i might get another one so i always have one charged but i think if i was to go with different one id go with the joye-eroll but the funds are a bit low at the minute so i think ill go with investing in a few sample packs of juices in the meantime

Thanks for all the advice so far much appreciated:D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Innokin AIO PCC

check it out, google images, videos, reviews etc

it's a cigarette shaped packet which is a charger for one battery you put inside. plus it has extra space for 3 refillable cartridges.

If I wanted to buy a cigarette like experience in vaping this is the one I would get. I want to get it one day soon myself even though I'm very happy with my eGo-C.

Advertisement