Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

trading in old car

Options
  • 12-12-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,
    Selling my 1.6 diesel ford focus 2006, 93,000 miles gonna trade it in. Couple of questions as I have never done this before.
    1 What price can I expect for it trade in wise?
    2. Thinking of getting Volvo S 40, anyone know anything about these will prob be 2005 diesel model. ( Was that or audi a4 or bmw 320d but heard bad things.
    3. Recommend any other good diesel cars with low maintenance problems?
    4. Anyone know any reputable garages in Dublin.

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zhangj5

Really depends on the car you are getting.
    Had a 99 corsa traded before, was given 2000 if looking for a car over 8000, and 1000 between 5000-8000.

Volvo S40? Not sure, hope this will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The car your selling won't be too far off the price of the one your buying, dealers are going to have to give you a bad price for it. I recommend if your own has NCT and running order selling it private on Donedeal and then buying the S40.

Advertisement