Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Incredible Hulk Shows

Options
  • 12-12-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Anyone here ever watch this 1970s tv show based on the Marvel comic about a scientists becoming a green creature when easily angered, after an accidental overdose of gamma radiation?

Sorry, I meant hulk in the title

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Absolutely - was regularly reshown on TV over the hears.
    Actor was brilliant - only died a few years ago. Also was in "My Uncle Martian"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

"Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

famous line from the series

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

branie wrote: »
    Anyone here ever watch this 1970s tv show based on the Marvel comic about a scientists becoming a green creature when easily angered, after an accidental overdose of gamma radiation?

Remember it?I was scared ****less by it.I could never get past the opening sequence with the sinister music and the shot of his eyes changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

Taltos wrote: »
    Actor was brilliant - only died a few years ago. Also was in "My Uncle Martian"...

I think you mean "My Favorite Martian"

Bill Bixby died in 1993. I used to like him in "The Magician"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

branie wrote: »

Edited it in. You can change the title yourself by double clicking beside it. Think that ability expires after a spell though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

And at the end of each show we would all feel sorry for him with him walking off to that sad piano music, no friends, always on the run from Mr Magee

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Great show. I can still remember watching the movie length first ep.

He went through a lot of shirts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

FatherTed wrote: »
    And at the end of each show we would all feel sorry for him with him walking off to that sad piano music, no friends, always on the run from Mr Magee
    I loved Stewie on Family Guy talking about the 'sad walking away music' from The Incredible Hulk!
    I always found the episode endings so sad, as David found himself alone once more.

Ooooh, I've just realised this is on Netflix (the US one anyway). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

chakotha wrote: »
    Great show. I can still remember watching the movie length first ep.

He went through a lot of shirts.

I recall that he only once referred to this, making a quip about getting elasticated shirts. I used to love the program. Lou Ferringo used to play the hulk. You might remember him from such recent shows as "physical training for Michael Jackson before he died".

3rdDegree wrote: »
    I recall that he only once referred to this, making a quip about getting elasticated shirts. I used to love the program. Lou Ferringo used to play the hulk. You might remember him from such recent shows as "physical training for Michael Jackson before he died".
    He's a sherriff or something now I think.In real life I mean not on the TV.

• Advertisement

Anyone remember the Paxo Stuffing TV advert that was a pastiche of The Hulk?This oul lad was eating his dinner then starts transforming into the Hulk and smashes the dinner table with his fists in slow motion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

darkdubh wrote: »
    Anyone remember the Paxo Stuffing TV advert that was a pastiche of The Hulk?This oul lad was eating his dinner then starts transforming into the Hulk and smashes the dinner table with his fists in slow motion.
    I'd love to see that ad again!!

I like that Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno were good friends in real life. It always ruins shows for me a bit when I find out the stars really didn't get on. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Lou Ferrigno also starred in King of Queens as himself on numerous occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

HMV have the full box set at the moment. Not sure if it contains the after movies which conclude the series. There was a daredevil tie in and the trial of the incredible hulk. And of course the movie the death of the incredible hulk.

I remember when it was shown on Telly In Ireland one week the show just stopped and was replaced when the magician. I remember coming back from Mass (forced by the parents) seeing bill bixby performing tricks and having a cool white car and I was waiting for the entire episode for him to turn into the hulk and he didnt.

"The Lonely Man" music I loved.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Really loved that show. We didn't know he was green until we got a colour

telly in '79

Posy wrote: »
    I'd love to see that ad again!!

I like that Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno were good friends in real life. It always ruins shows for me a bit when I find out the stars really didn't get on. :o

Here it is,they just don't make em like this anymore.

Advertisement