Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi or affordable internet for student in kildimo area.

Options
  • 12-12-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello I am a student living at home. My mum and I share a computer. We use an O2 dongle and it is absalute rubbish, it freezes, is very slow and sometimes will not connect for days....
    I am looking for an affordable interent device, that I can use on the laptop and a wireless device. We currently spend about 20 euro a month. I have no idea what the best interent provider is or what I need. I dont understand the differences between the dongles and the portable wifi's.
    Can you help me out with any suggestings, we are on a budget so nothing over 20 euro. Is meteor or 3 the better provider what about eircom? It would be great if we can take the device with us and us it in kerry and places.
    Thanks so much for the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

If you can stretch bbnet are an option

http://www.bbnet.ie/plans-pricing/

Ive been using the for 5 years with relatively little issues.

I am on the business package though.

I use Vodafone 3G as a backup connection and its rubbish. The general 3G coverage in the area isnt great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thumd1

Thats a bit to much of a stretch, the 99 euro to connect it alone would send us over the edge. but thanks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Ive been using the for 5 years with relatively little issues.

Drifter, I am on their business package too. Do you find a lot of timeouts? I sometimes find i need to press F5 a lot to get a page to load? It has been better recently but it used to drive me mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

DBIreland wrote: »
    Drifter, I am on their business package too. Do you find a lot of timeouts? I sometimes find i need to press F5 a lot to get a page to load? It has been better recently but it used to drive me mad.

Yes i do. I get over it for what it is though. Compared to other providers and even fixed line providers there service is much better and there uptime is very good. I think i have only ever had one extended outage in 5 years.

Advertisement