Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Tank locks in limk?

Options
  • 12-12-2012 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭

So guys any idea where i can get an oil tank lock. Auld fella heard a noise the other night out back and turned on the kitchen light, saw nothing but we saw the lid was off the oil tank the next morning.

Saw these in woodies
    tanklok-oil-tank-lock.jpg

but trying to see if there's anything better out there.

forgot to say it was around the shelbourne area, so keep an ear open for anything out back at night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

TBH, those locks are grand.
    It's just a deterrant, get them to rob oil from elsewhere.
    If they're determined, they're just going to drill a hole in the tank anyway.
    If you want more security, you need a motion activated light and a camera. Or a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Got the light and it didn't seem to stop them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

So guys any idea where i can get an oil tank lock. Auld fella heard a noise the other night out back and turned on the kitchen light, saw nothing but we saw the lid was off the oil tank the next morning.

Saw these in woodies
    tanklok-oil-tank-lock.jpg

but trying to see if there's anything better out there.

forgot to say it was around the shelbourne area, so keep an ear open for anything out back at night.

what are those retailing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Sister said she saw it for 30 but i saw 40 on the net. Probably a waste of time as it wouldn't take much to punch a hole or cut the pipe below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Sister said she saw it for 30 but i saw 40 on the net. Probably a waste of time as it wouldn't take much to punch a hole or cut the pipe below.

Agreed

but it would give the mother a little bit of extra piece of mind...

might look at it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,789 ✭✭✭✭phog

Unless the flow from the tank is protected I dont see the point of a lock at the filling cap.

Anyone interested in robbing your fuel wont mind what damage they'll do to your tank and imho the outlet flow pipe is the weaklink in the setup.

Edit just read #5

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

IMVHO people interested in stealing anything will be looking for the easiest and quickest solution, if you have a locked side gate chances are they'll just move onto the next place, if you have a lock on the cap it might put them off, but by then they are in your back yard so chances are a lock isn't going to stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

The lock doctor in the crescent was advertising them on their FB page yesterday. Not sure on the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

ancap... call into the car parts place in newport... they have a cheaper version (think does the job but not going on about it) i think. just filled mine, so must do same.

• Advertisement

jesus i better get one if this is what happening scum

Advertisement