Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook - Sharing Calendar issues

Options
  • 12-12-2012 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I'm trying to share out calendars between 20 people. Sharing the calendars isn't an issue - but some of the permissions are.

Ideally, I would like to have access where everyone can view each others calendar, but only see the title and location of a meeting, not the body of it (or the details)

Am I correct in saying the "Free/Busy time" and "Free/Busy time, subject, location" permissions only apply when checking the user's free/busy information (for example, when looking in the Scheduling tab of a meeting request) and not when looking in another user's Calendar folder. If you add a user and you grant him Folder Visible permissions so that he can open your Calendar folder and, in addition, "Free/Busy time" or "Free/Busy time, subject, location" permission, when opening your Calendar folder, he will not see anything.

"Free/Busy time" and "Free/Busy time, subject, location" only applied for free/busy and can be granted independently from the "Folder Visible" permission. "Free/Busy time" will only allow a user (or group of users) to see when you are free and when you are busy (busy times are marked in blue) when scheduling a meeting; "Free/Busy time, subject, location" will allow the user to also see the subject and location of your busy times (other appointments or meetings).

Is there any way to allow users to see Subject/Time of a meeting, without seeing the actual text contained within it? Also - would you suggest configuring permissions on a person-by-person basis or using default for everyone (they all require same access, but I read a post where it suggested doing it on an individual basis)

We are using Outlook 2003/2007 clients on Exchange 2007.

Thanks

Advertisement