Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas trees

Options
  • 12-12-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any leads on some reasonably priced trees around town? The place where ive got my last few and i think thats a little steep with current finanvial situations being what they are. My friends in Cork all paid around €30-€35. any one know a place?

Comments

if your looking for a real one i saw someone selling them the the comp school near the cresent

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the xmas shop near superquinn..€50, Parkway rounabout..€50, Milk Market..€50 and Home base guess what ..€50

better off going to the provincial towns where the average price is around €35

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I think the place in the Crescent Shopping centre is supposed to be reasonable - its in the outside unit opposite macdonalds. I know you can see the tree first before its netted.
    Not sure of prices though - not bothering this year. Can't justify spending that money on something thats going to be binned just after christmas so the artificial trees are being used this year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rahillore

fryup wrote: »
    the xmas shop near superquinn..€50, Parkway rounabout..€50, Milk Market..€50 and Home base guess what ..€50

Took your advice and sourced a lovely tree in the farmers co-op in Newport for €25! Couldn't believe the difference, just another example of rip off Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Got a lovely 7ft+ tree for €35 from a fella on the road from Birdhill to Ballina/Killaloe (about a mile from the old N7 roundabout on the RH side as you head to Killaloe, just a bit past that mobile home crowd). Probably not worth driving all the way out just to save €10/€15, but if you're passing...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

fryup wrote: »

Where about exactly is the Xmas shop near Superquinn?
    rahillore wrote: »
    Took your advice and sourced a lovely tree in the farmers co-op in Newport for €25! Couldn't believe the difference, just another example of rip off Ireland!

Oh interesting, I might try there tomorrow. Did they have many of them left?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Where about exactly is the Xmas shop near Superquinn?

next door to the pharmacy

Advertisement