Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot 207

• 11-12-2012 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi my wife purchased a Peugeot 207 s serious a while back , but the external tempeture gauge wasnt working. I was told that there should be a droplet like attachment on the drivers wing mirror. This was missing from it so I didnt bother with it then.

However recently the wing mirror was knocked off the car by another driver and he had to replace it. The new mirror has this droplet but mechanic said this wasnt the tempeture gauge. Did he not want to sort it or was he telling truth.

Thanking You:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

You are correct...The droplet like attachment on the mirror is the external temp sensor.

Show your mechanic no 10 in the diagram below...;)

The sensor should plug into a connector at the base of mirror after it has been removed.
    All 207's have these ex temp sensors as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Hi ROW thanks for the help but the mechanic said this was on left hand side mirror and it seems by the left of your diagram that its saying same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi ROW thanks for the help but the mechanic said this was on left hand side mirror and it seems by the left of your diagram that its saying same

I just took a random diagram from servicebox so it could be from a lefthand drive 207...either way there should be a small hole (around 6mm) in the mirror housing which takes the sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Thankr ROW, I will get back to mechanic and c whats his story. I think he just didnt want the bother of doing it.

Advertisement