Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity FM

Options
  • 11-12-2012 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

If your in Dublin have a listen 92.1. What in the name of all is holy? Is this licensed this year, the content sounds like a few people in the local bar highly unprofessional for licensed output.

The words , 'Bitch, F'uck and bollix' all used there between 7-8 and 'storing a load of salt up his hole'. I'm not a prude and don't really care, but this is giving the other special interest and temp license holders an awful name.

The audio is all over the place, either one person is too close to the mic nearly popping my speakers or too far away you can't hear them.

Who ever is running the operation needs to get there act together, I am sure there are some people on the station with a professional attitude but people using the above at any stage on the radio don't give to hoots about professionalism and should be shown the door to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

It's a student-run radio station for Trinity College so it's targeted at their college students. Runs on a very small budget so the quality wouldn't really be expected to be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Anita Blow wrote: »
    It's a student-run radio station for Trinity College so it's targeted at their college students. Runs on a very small budget so the quality wouldn't really be expected to be great

Well the thing is it's FM signal is pushing a hell of a lot further than Trinity College. If there not going to put the time and effort into programming keep it online, swearing at 7 in the evening is unacceptable regardless of budget. It also dose not cost that much money if anything to do a bit of research and put a running order together.

It's a great idea, just someone needs to sail the ship in the correct direction. Any station I have been on, you would be off the air within the hour if you carried on the way some of the presenters conducted themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Anita Blow wrote: »

Well, having gone to Ballyfermot College and contributed to two radio stations there I can say that I would expect the content to be a lot higher, particularly for a station in such an affluent college, the budget is no doubt larger than some other college stations, the problem would be the staff (students) and a serious lack of broadcast understanding and know how.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm in Trinity and have never had the pleasure of listening in. Strikes me as being a project that enables a couple of budding radio stars to buff out their CV. They'd likely be better off in a community station, as I'd say Trinity FM has peak listenership figures of about 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I work with a student radio station and with the cursing and swearing bit it's not part of our license from the BAI- with us it's just station policy

• Advertisement

I work with a student radio station and with the cursing and swearing bit it's not part of our license from the BAI- with us it's just station policy

I hope you don't mean it's station policy to curse on-air! My main gripe is I expected more for a student station not a few lads talking a load of tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

msg11 wrote: »
    I hope you don't mean it's station policy to curse on-air! My main gripe is I expected more for a student station not a few lads talking a load of tripe.

ya station policy is if you don't curse you're off air. :p

to be fair, not being biased here but a lot of commercial and other community stations talk tripe too.

our station is awesome though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Best of luck too all involved, good signal in Tallaght.

ya station policy is if you don't curse you're off air. :p

to be fair, not being biased here but a lot of commercial and other community stations talk tripe too.

our station is awesome though :D

Constructive tripe if there is such a thing. This was utter non sense, the After Hours forum would even make more sense.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Constructive tripe if there is such a thing. This was utter non sense, the After Hours forum would even make more sense.

Utter nonsense to you perhaps, but maybe it entertains their demographic, which is all that matters.

As for the swearing, "bollix" and "bitch" are in the mildly offensive category AFAIK, and are often used on National radio stations. Not saying I agree with it (our internet only student radio station has a no-swearing policy), but I doubt they were breaking any BAI rules with those TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 wrbedzinski

:eek:
    If your in Dublin have a listen 92.1. What in the name of all is holy? Is this licensed this year, the content sounds like a few people in the local bar highly unprofessional for licensed output.

The words , 'Bitch, F'uck and bollix' all used there between 7-8 and 'storing a load of salt up his hole'. I'm not a prude and don't really care, but this is giving the other special interest and temp license holders an awful name.

The audio is all over the place, either one person is too close to the mic nearly popping my speakers or too far away you can't hear them.

Who ever is running the operation needs to get there act together, I am sure there are some people on the station with a professional attitude but people using the above at any stage on the radio don't give to hoots about professionalism and should be shown the door to be honest.

Advertisement