Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wait time for VAT no. from Revenue

Options
  • 11-12-2012 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭

I sent in the form a couple of weeks ago to get a VAT no. as a self-employed person, but haven't heard anything since.

Anyone know how long it takes as I'm waiting for the number to get a payment processed to me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

should be quite quick, ring them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

MidlandsM wrote: »
    should be quite quick, ring them ?

I did.

Rang the Kildare office and after trying to figure out which options to pick for registering for a VAT number for S-E, the option I selected (which was related to VAT registration), the person at the other end gave me two phone numbers (instead of putting mr through).

The first number put me through to an answering machine of a private business and the second doesn't exist. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

if you are a sole trader, they'll just put an "IE" before your pps no anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

The times at the moment are ridiculous to be honest.

We applied for one for a new client in September and they only got it recently.

Chase them up constantly on it - say you need it asap to start trading.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Usually tend to get them in about a week.

There is a trick which allows you get them same day and to date it hasn't failed me!

They generally want an original signature for a VAT number which is a pain.

The online service is quite efficient.

• Advertisement
Advertisement