Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong priced odds on Betslip

Options
  • 11-12-2012 5:45pm

My friends been writing down the wrong odds on bet slips for a while and whenever its winning he'll be getting nice odds winners, such as when Sunderland were winning 2-0 he placed a bet at 2/1 rather than 1/2, and got paid at the 2-1, will he get his legs broken?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Hopefully

Why would you hope his legs would get broken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

I don't believe for a second this could ever work on any kind of a regular basis. Maybe as a one off oversight but thats about it.

I don't believe for a second this could ever work on any kind of a regular basis. Maybe as a one off oversight but thats about it.

He's said he's been doing it for about a month now. Making more from it than he does be from his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Which bookies does he do it in ?

It would'nt work in PP or Boyles because of their computerised dockets.

• Advertisement

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Which bookies does he do it in ?

It would'nt work in PP or Boyles because of their computerised dockets.

as if I'm going to say where he does it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

as if I'm going to say where he does it

You dont need to say the exact shop l just meant is it a small independent
    who would'nt have the same technology as the above 2 bookies.

is it 1 of pp or boyles?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

He's said he's been doing it for about a month now. Making more from it than he does be from his job.

Must be getting paid sweet FA in his day job so. Cant believe a shop wouldnt check the odds quoted if he's putting on anything over €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

He's lying to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

I got away with this in a hacketts shop about 4 years ago,ie getting paid 3/1 on 1/3 shots,these were tennis bets.not sure if their system has been updated by now,but I guarantee their staff have not been updated,NEVER underestimate the laziness or stupidity of bookies staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

I would assume any major bookie wouldn't let this happen. If it is an independent, he will get found out eventually, and when he does I'd imagine they'll come down hard on him.

I don't get hat you mean by "come down hard on him"? They are not the mafia

Zuko123 wrote: »
    I don't get hat you mean by "come down hard on him"? They are not the mafia

Kneecaps are like currency to these people.

I would imagine they may be able to file a lawsuit if they have been ripped off for a lot of money, and he could be forced to pay the lot back, with expenses on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

I would imagine they may be able to file a lawsuit if they have been ripped off for a lot of money, and he could be forced to pay the lot back, with expenses on top of that.

No chance of this happening

The likes of Paddy Power etc are not going to go down the kneecapping route. They'll probably just fire the teller. A small town indie however might be more inclined to employ someone persuasive to get their money back.

DB74 wrote: »
    No chance of this happening

The likes of Paddy Power etc are not going to go down the kneecapping route. They'll probably just fire the teller. A small town indie however might be more inclined to employ someone persuasive to get their money back.

The knee-capping thing was a joke. It will depend on the amount of money they get done for. If it's in more than 4 figures do you really think they're gonna sit back and accept that, firing the teller? Surely they're gonna want they're money back, and a lawsuit would be the only way to do this.

The knee-capping thing was a joke. It will depend on the amount of money they get done for. If it's in more than 4 figures do you really think they're gonna sit back and accept that, firing the teller? Surely they're gonna want they're money back, and a lawsuit would be the only way to do this.

Gambling debts are not legally enforceable.there is nothing legally they can do about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Gambling debts are not legally enforceable.there is nothing legally they can do about it

Try telling that to a bookie. Fraud is fraud ffs:(.

I have a feeling they'd hire a bunch of well paid lawyers to find a loophole to get them their money, if they wanted it that bad.

I have a feeling they'd hire a bunch of well paid lawyers to find a loophole to get them their money, if they wanted it that bad.

They could hire ten Johnnie Cochrans, it would do no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Its not a debt its a F*** up on the bookies part. Their employees are the ones responsable. Its all BS anyway, you bet more than 100 on something like this and you'll be caught at the counter.

• Advertisement

Its not a debt its a F*** up on the bookies part. Their employees are the ones responsable. Its all BS anyway, you bet more than 100 on something like this and you'll be caught at the counter.
    Nah!they are too busy texting or chatting about eastenders to check the price

Advertisement