Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jasper and Jasper disposables thumbs down.

Options
  • 11-12-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Couple of days on these and they are definitely not 40 ciggerettes in them like they say they are. I bought mine at 8pm, smoked normally as I would and then went to bed around 1am. Woke up and didn't have a puff until 1pm and now at 4pm the battery at front flashes telling me its run out.

My mother just got one at the local Dunnes, took it out of the pack and the battery at front was not working at all.

Anyone else having these problems?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I got these a while back and though "this vaping malarkey is a load of balls".In my opinion these horrible things give vaping a bad rap.Invest 60 quid in a kanger twist kit and you'll see the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

As was.deevy said they're not really a long term solution. Handy to have as spares but wouldn't recomend them as an alternative to smoking. You need to get a better rechargeble set up. If you have a look through other threads you'll see the kanger twist kit is well liked - it's the one I'd always recommend to people

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Yeah I've been had probably. I bought the Jasper and Jasper mini starter kit online just there prior to it all hitting the fan on me. Recharbable kit I bought so hoping it will be better than these disosables. One day it was the vape that ran out in literally 7 hours of vaping at a normal 20 a day pace. Now it was the battery instead, which began flashing.

then my mother buys one, takes it out of the pack and it wont even work at all. Probably faulty ones floating about but they would seriously want to fix that and stop telling people there is 40 fags in it when there aint.

I will try this mini starter get and upgrade to the Kanger twister set. Is there a link you have so I can have a look at your recommendation?

Jammy :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

here ya go

2 batterys
    2 kanger clearomizers
    Charger
    usb cable
    and 5 free 5 ml juices of your choice.

Think the rechargeable one should be more reliable but would def suggest you upgrade to the kanger twist when you can. You'll get much better battery life between charges and your choice of flavours is endless.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when they say 40 cigs worth or whatever they're most likely talking about the amount of overall nicotine in the product

but cigarettes are quite a bit more effective at delivering nicotine than e-cigs so even at that 1:1 nicotine ratio the math doesn't really work for the end-user

something like the kanger twist or the innokin aio pcc kit would be decent. i havent used either but they get good reviews and everyone and their dog around these parts is using the kanger setup. of the two i'd imagine the kanger is the "best" but some people just like the idea of the cigarette lookalike models.

Kanger twister set is a bit pricey but I like the fact it does not look like a Ciggerette because then I won't get hassled up and around town in the cafes etc etc.

you're going to get that with any of the decent kits
    money up front, savings to follow

with that kit your only expenses after that (outside of anything breaking) will be juice and these http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/t2replacelong.htm

and one of them oughta last you a week, maybe a little more maybe a little less depending on a couple of million factors.. but generally a week

you mean a bottle of juice will last me a week? or the actual head itself?

the head itself, although with the head and the juice it all depends on how much you're vaping. it goes by ml rather than by time.. but time is generally how people measure it as no one really pays much attention to how many ml they put through a device before they figured it needed to be changed.

• Advertisement

and is this Kanger 100% cheaper than the ordinary ciggerette lifestyle? If so I'll have a pop at it and give my Jasper and Jasper I ordered to somebody else who is a smoker as a Christmas gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

When they first came out a couple of years ago I tried them for a week or so and although they were great for stopping smoking I knew they wouldn't be a very good long term solution as they had to be charged so frequently plus I would have ended up spending a lot more on cartridges than I ever had on real cigarettes so I switched to the Joye ego with halo liquid and have been using it ever since.

I emailed the pharmacy where I bought the Jasper and Jasper and they contacted the company who authorised a refund, however they may have only done that because it was in the early days of the product being sold here.

and is this Kanger 100% cheaper than the ordinary ciggerette lifestyle? If so I'll have a pop at it and give my Jasper and Jasper I ordered to somebody else who is a smoker as a Christmas gift.

unless you're buying 50ml of juice a week and ten replacement heads, yes

I can get by with 2 replacement heads and 70ish mls of liquid every month - that costs about €30. I was spending that in 3 days on the cigs!! So the savings can be huge. The disposables are so expensive compared to the kits mentioned.

p.s. I'm ignoring the fact that I love buying new vaping things and trying a gazillion flavours and just showing the normal amount I'd use. Was smoking 20-25 a day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

sept09baby wrote: »
    I can get by with 2 replacement heads and 70ish mls of liquid every month - that costs about €30. I was spending that in 3 days on the cigs!! So the savings can be huge. The disposables are so expensive compared to the kits mentioned.

p.s. I'm ignoring the fact that I love buying new vaping things and trying a gazillion flavours and just showing the normal amount I'd use. Was smoking 20-25 a day

My experience mirrors Sept09babys'

ie. 40 a day smoker using Ego Twist batteries with mini vivi nova.
    2 atomiser heads a month at 2 euro each and 70ml of juice costing about 25 euro.

30 euro -v- 550 euro a month on cigs

Tayla wrote: »
    When they first came out a couple of years ago I tried them for a week or so and although they were great for stopping smoking I knew they wouldn't be a very good long term solution as they had to be charged so frequently plus I would have ended up spending a lot more on cartridges than I ever had on real cigarettes so I switched to the Joye ego with halo liquid and have been using it ever since.

I emailed the pharmacy where I bought the Jasper and Jasper and they contacted the company who authorised a refund, however they may have only done that because it was in the early days of the product being sold here.

On average, when charged, how long did the J&J battery last for? They also say the cartridge lasts 60 ciggerettes. How and when would your cartridge be finished by? would the cartridge last you 3 days or a week?

And did you find that it would leak on you? If so, why do you think it leaks?

Calibos wrote: »
    My experience mirrors Sept09babys'

ie. 40 a day smoker using Ego Twist batteries with mini vivi nova.
    2 atomiser heads a month at 2 euro each and 70ml of juice costing about 25 euro.

30 euro -v- 550 euro a month on cigs

Why do we need to change the heads?

I smoke 20 a day. Did the math there and came up with 257 euro a month. wow, just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Why do we need to change the heads?

They eventually burn out or stop tasting good due to crap building up on the wick & coil, you can clean them up to a point but they eventually just need replacing.
    I smoke 20 a day. Did the math there and came up with 257 euro a month. wow, just wow.

And you can save even more money if you get into making your own liquids.
    On average, when charged, how long did the J&J battery last for? They also say the cartridge lasts 60 ciggerettes. How and when would your cartridge be finished by? would the cartridge last you 3 days or a week?

If you use it as you would a regular cigarette from 6 hours to a day maybe.

Its complete bullcrap and ridiculous marketing on behalf of J&J... its not even to do with the battery life, there is zero possibility that the cartridge can hold enough juice that would compare even remotely to 60 cigarettes - 1ml of juice perhaps ?

As a comparison I would easily go through a minimum of 2-4 cartridges a day as a 20-a-day smoker when I used "cigarette style" ecigs which I re-filled myself and would need to change the battery at least once.

Currently with a more advanced Ecig setup (which produces huge clouds of vapor) I can go through between 6ml-8ml a day if I'm chain vaping at home or out in the pub.

Something else to consider with disposables is that batteries of all types lose their power over time, so If you happen to buy one thats been sitting in a box for a year, or who's battery was manufactured months before the E-cig I will have discharged somewhat before you even get your hands on it.

BTW J&J are not the only ones putting out dodgy info about their disposables. The Information seems to reflect almost word for word how they are marketed to them from the Chinese suppliers.

Advertisement