Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPD

Options
  • 11-12-2012 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

I am an ACA and I have just paid for a course with ACCA delivered online.

My problem is that I did not check with the Institute beforehand whether or not completing the course will count towards the CPD requirement.

Just contacted them today and they told me to put my query with CARB.

Any person(s) out there who have experience with this sort of thing, I know it was a silly mistake of not checking with the Institute first but there you have it.

Any advice on what CARB are likely to do.

Kind regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Of course it counts, as do courses with omni pro, ITI, and other equivalent organisations/people.

Once you can show a) its structured and b) it adds to your development there is no problem.

CAI aren't able to stipulate that you only do their courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Guest2011

Issue has been resolved.

Apparently you can do any courses that will enhance your skills and update you professional knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

I know I posted a new thread but then just saw this, so the IACT Excel Master course would count as CPD?

do we need to log our CPD online anywhere?

Advertisement