Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating broken in Odeon/storm cinema

Options
  • 11-12-2012 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Just to warn you the heating is broken again in Storm/odeon cinema castletroy. definitely gone in screen 5 & 7. Was there Saturday night and it was FREEZING!. Charging child price ticket but I'd rather go elsewhere than sit there in the cold.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Ridiculously expensive cinema, I refuse to go there. I would much rather go across the river to showtime or out to the omniplex.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This link pops up before every movie. Tell them what you think:

www.feedback.odeoncinemas.ie

Send them an email or letter:

http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/fanatic/contact_us/

I went to Seven Psychopaths last night. The heating was on in Screen 1, but so was the air conditioning (so I had my coat on for the whole movie). Things improved slightly when the Odeon rebranding happened, but now they're back to Storm standards again.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Ridiculously expensive cinema, I refuse to go there. I would much rather go across the river to showtime or out to the omniplex.

Showtime: Adult - €9.00, Child - €6.00, Student ~ €7.00 (I believe), Senior - €7.00
    Omniplex: Adult - €9.10, Child - €6.20, Student - €?.??, Senior - €?.??
    Odeon: Adult - €8.95, Child - €5.95, Student - €6.00, Teen - €6.50, Senior - €6.95
    Odeon (15% off): Adult €7.61, Child - €5.06, Student - €5.10, Teen - €5.53, Senior - €5.91

Get the Odeon rewards card (for €1) and book online (no booking fee) to get a 15% discount meaning all prices are the second row of Odeon prices. When I was in Showtime the popcorn etc was priced similarly if not more expensive. I can't comment on the price of food in Omniplex, but I can't see it being much cheaper.

I really don't get where the whole "ridiculously expensive" is coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Showtime is by far the most comfortable and best screen and stuff in limerick, when theres minimal diffrence in the prices i'd pick showtime everytime been to odeon once since showtime opened , Omniplex is manky with the dirt haven't gone in there since avatar was out i think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

on the subject of Cinemas, Just back from the Hobbit which I loved.
    Went to the Omniplex cos I could not be arsed traveling across the other side of town since its more local. One of the managers was refunding people and mentioned they were having terrible trouble with their 3D projectors, so may be good idea to ring ahead in case the troubles are not sorted.

(Omniplex was perfectly clean tonight and not too busy at all which was nice not to be crowded in, seats
    looked larger and more comfortable than when I was last there which was probably over a year ago...
    ...EDIT just remembered it was actually prometheus I saw last)

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

BroLo wrote: »

Showtime: Adult - €9.00, Child - €6.00, Student ~ €7.00 (I believe), Senior - €7.00
    Omniplex: Adult - €9.10, Child - €6.20, Student - €?.??, Senior - €?.??
    Odeon: Adult - €8.95, Child - €5.95, Student - €6.00, Teen - €6.50, Senior - €6.95
    Odeon (15% off): Adult €7.61, Child - €5.06, Student - €5.10, Teen - €5.53, Senior - €5.91

Get the Odeon rewards card (for €1) and book online (no booking fee) to get a 15% discount meaning all prices are the second row of Odeon prices. When I was in Showtime the popcorn etc was priced similarly if not more expensive. I can't comment on the price of food in Omniplex, but I can't see it being much cheaper.

I really don't get where the whole "ridiculously expensive" is coming from.

It's not the tickets it's the popcorn, have you seen the size of their large drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Went to see the Hobbit there last night because Showtime are not doing the HFR version of it! its a long film haha but i was grand at the start so gave the misses my nice heavy warm coat! by the end of the film I was FREEZING!!ha ha Also the place was filthy in there - it will be showtime from now on for me i think

Advertisement