Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior cert science investigations 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Professor .X.

I am teaching science in an all boys school and we are just starting our investigations this week, we are thinking of doing the biology and chemistry topics, anybody further along have any advice?

I am in a school in Cork, we have also just started our investigations. Our teacher has decided to do the physics and biology investigations with us. So far our class have researched on the topics and we are planning on starting experiments next week. Any advice would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shaneor567

I am in an all boys school.We've just started the Biology investigation.So far I have done research about the vitamin C content in fresh fruit juices.We will be starting the chemistry investigation in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheLatheMaster

I am in an all boys school. We have started our investigations. We are researching the vitamin C content of a number of commercial and fresh fruit juices. We are planning on starting experiments next week. Feedback would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eannamcgrath

We are starting tomorrow adding DCPIP to juices tomorrow morning, drop by drop. not sure if we are going to dilute the juices or not, and we might end up adding the juice to the DCPIP rather than the other way around to see if that gives us better results. We will be using 0.1 % solution of the DCPIP i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kearnsmachine

hello i am mr kearns we are also doing this investigation any ideas for me:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 TheLatheMaster

We are starting our experiments today. We have decided to use 0.1% DCPIP. Well 'The Hen House' how are you doing in your experiment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 The Hen House

we are also doing the investigation on the vitamin c content, we are wondering does anybody have any results yet? we reckon that fresh juice is higher in vitamin

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paddy wagon

my teacher keeps asking me to get juices for it what do i get? do i get orange juice or dilute drinks:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hacksaw Hillbilly

Hello 'paddy wagon' I suggest you use the freshest juices you can find for the best results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deise98

We have started this investigation today and we found that when we diluted our fresh juices mi wadi had the highest vitamin c content... did anyone else have this result ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dids6457

deise98 wrote: »
    We have started this investigation today and we found that when we diluted our fresh juices mi wadi had the highest vitamin c content... did anyone else have this result ? :)

Hi guys once ye get the number of drops of DCPIP what are ye comparing these to in order to figure out the vit c content? Another teacher in our school is testing a number of different concentrations of vit C solution with DCPIP in order to have a comparison.
    Are there any other schools doing anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eannamcgrath

we did our first proper run today and we used 0.1 % solution of DCPIP and we used 0.1 % solution of Ascorbic acid (pure vitamin C) and it worked pretty well, some groups decided to dilute and some didn't!

we're hoping to start the chemistry one soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭bridgetown1

Hello 'paddy wagon' I suggest you use the freshest juices you can find for the best results.

I don't understand what you mean by 'best' results???

showing that old juices have low Vit C content is a form of 'best' result, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

I honestly can't figure out if this thread is a piss take. Did all of you first time posters honestly register just to comment on your Junior Cert. science investigations?

I think I may be missing an in-joke here, or some poster has registered themselves under a number of accounts.

Advertisement