Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Cables €2

Options
  • 11-12-2012 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

€2 in Eurogiant shop in Ballincollig, presume they have them in all stores.

No link available

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Not a bargain as they are this price all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

I'd rather pay a bit more and get a decent HDMI cable for better quality..............;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

jmorrisey wrote: »
    I'd rather pay a bit more and get a decent HDMI cable for better quality..............;)

You can ignore this and continue wasting your money then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

This is what you're looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Diamond-2m-Braided-Cable/dp/B003CT2A2M

A real bargain at only $1494.75... (and check out the user comments)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

I love the newest one "It didn't fit the plug in the wall. Some real funny ones in there.

I don't understand how people still don't recognise, a 50c HDMI cable does the same job as a €1000 one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

You won't get as high from these hdmi cables as you would from the proper ones. PC world have the Sandstrom AV Goldseries cable here for €119.99. That's what you need for full super mega high definition. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

BroLo wrote: »
    I love the newest one "It didn't fit the plug in the wall. Some real funny ones in there.

I don't understand how people still don't recognise, a 50c HDMI cable does the same job as a €1000 one.

Well the guy in my local electrical shop told me that the more money you spend on the cable, the more resolution you get on the screen, and I'm all about the resolution...all about it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

You just. . . you just need the extra bandwidth, more bandwidth for some miniatur american flags for others

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Well the guy in my local electrical shop told me that the more money you spend on the cable, the more resolution you get on the screen, and I'm all about the resolution...all about it

Wait, the guy in the shop you wanted to buy something in told you to spend more money? No way!!

http://www.tested.com/tech/3329-the-difference-between-cheap-and-expensive-hdmi-cables/
    As should be abundantly clear, expensive HDMI cables are simply not worth purchasing for normal use. In the case that you are running cable in a permanent fashion through walls or ceilings, it may be prudent to spend a little extra for heavier-duty cables for the sake of longevity, but if you’re spending extra on gold-plated connectors and the like, you are doing little more than embedding hard-earned cash in the walls of your home

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Did he actually tell you that? I know how you feel about that smexy resolution though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

So one end goes into your iPhone and the other into the telly??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Lads yere mocking this but this is truly a good bargain alert. The fact that HDMI cables are sold both online and in bricks and mortar stores for 10/20/30 times this price could save many people a big chunk of change. I'm just saying that people who know about this go :rolleyes:, while a large minority/majority of people simply don't know and if they see that you can pick up one of these for a couple of quid it will help them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The thing with HDMI leads is they are all digital you either get it or you don't before with cheaper RF cables the picture might be slightly worse.

The €1.49 cable from Dealz is exactly the same picture quality as the $2,000 cable aimed at idiots. There is no difference in picture quality, it has been discussed on tv forums many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Agreed, only difference might be they may be 1.3 rather than 1.4 but for the majority of users this makes no difference http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/

Stinicker wrote: »
    The thing with HDMI leads is they are all digital you either get it or you don't before with cheaper RF cables the picture might be slightly worse.

The €1.49 cable from Dealz is exactly the same picture quality as the $2,000 cable aimed at idiots. There is no difference in picture quality, it has been discussed on tv forums many times.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

The guy in the shop is either an idiot or a spoofer.

HDMI cables either work or don't work. Doesn't matter if it's a €1.49 cable of a €1,000 cable, they're the same quality.

There is no high quality cable like there used to be with SCART and it's ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

The guy in the shop is either an idiot or a spoofer.

HDMI cables either work or don't work. Doesn't matter if it's a €1.49 cable of a €1,000 cable, they're the same quality.

There is no high quality cable like there used to be with SCART and it's ilk.

I think he's taking the piss. It's no harm letting people know so they don't get ripped off. Majority of people wouldn't know these things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Stinicker wrote: »

hdmi is a specification, if it complies with 1.3b its all good. now a 1.4 spec cable for 2 quid.....i'd buy that for a dollar

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Well the guy in my local electrical shop told me that the more money you spend on the cable, the more resolution you get on the screen

Makes you wonder how some sales people can live with themselves? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

BroLo wrote: »

Certainly a laugh out loud moment there in one of them
    After I bought this cable, I lost 30 pounds! This incredible cable gave me more length and girth, and I'm more attractive to women!
    :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The reviews are hilarious! :)

Edit: e.g.
    I buy de cable. It been berry berry good to me. When I watch gunsmoke, I can actually see de gunsmoke. It fabulus. I like Dimon cable now. The are berry berry good.
    When I opened my eyes, I was stunned speechless by the breathtaking clarity; 1080P had transformed into what seemed to be a gateway into something never before imaginable; infinite black, infinite color, and infinite picture. As I watched my own life pass before my eyes, I felt that the cable itself was judging me. I lost track of where the TV began and I ended.
    I once almost bought a cubic zirconia cable, but remember the two main differences: the white diamond HDMI cable should refract white light as shades of gray; and the cubic zirconia cables are not brought to you by African warlords. Support your local warlord, only buy real diamonds.
    This is probably the best product Amazon has to offer. I needed an HDMI to link my cable box to my 32in 720p LCD and this was the best option I could afford. The cable made the image look like a 1080p! I was amazed, my friends were amazed, and my family who were inital doubters of the purchase were amazed! My only concern is that someone may try to steal it because I live in a bad neighborhood and my locks are shawty. Other than that, 100% satisfied!

Pro: Best image ever, like watching 3-d without glasses! Won't find anything cheaper with the materials they use unless you find one made from conflict diamonds from Africa, I made sure mine were legally mined.

Cons: People think you're an idiot, they're just jealous of my picture.

Spend €2 on the lotto, win and buy their next model up. Some great reviews for it too (straight link to the reviews instead of pasting them this time).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Does anybody know where to pick one up in Galway cheap?

I've checked both €2 Shops in town and they haven't any (they used to have loads).

Anybody know where to get one? Thanks :)

Advertisement