Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Grants?

Options
  • 11-12-2012 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I have just sent off my CAO application online and i am wonderting whgat to do next? Not sure what grants i should be applying for or when to apply for 2013? I am on Disability allowace last few years, living in rented accomodation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The grant applications usually don't start until May/June

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

Yes but mango is that not leaving it too late? I mean what if you get a course and then they will not pay for it? How can i accept a course if i don't know if the back to education crowd or whoever it is wiil pay the fees etc? sorry i don't know what i am doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ok

Firstly I am not 100% sure how disability allowance and btea interact. Maybe contact AHEAD and ask them

www.ahead.ie

Secondly the grants process will not open until the summer. If you get BTEA you need to apply for a grant separately to pay the fees. They won't start taking applications until the summer. The application process for 2012 is still happening and it's a bureaucratic disaster.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement