Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry cracked skin on hands

Options
  • 11-12-2012 5:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I have very dry skin on my hands and it cracks and gets sore, I use sanding boards and even cut bits off when its bad, I use chapsticks or lip balm to soften and try repair the sore cracked skin, I find it difficult to use hand creams as it ends up on everything, I even scalded myself one picking up a cup of tea after putting hand cream on. I spent months putting on silcocks base cream and wearing gloves at night, hands felt great in the morning but once I got out of the shower I was back to square one. My right hand is worse as I am right handed. Its much worse now with the cold.
    I tried wearing gloves as much as possible but it wasnt very practical, didnt realize how much you cant do with gloves on.

Does anyone else have the same problem ?
    What do you do to prevent the hands drying out ?
    Is there a supplement or special cream I should try ?

Any advice welcome, Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hi Fuh Q,
    The Gentleman's Club, as with the whole of Boards.ie, is not a medical advice forum.
    Best advice would be to visit the local GP.
    Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement