Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA in Educational Psychology entry requirements?? confused!!

Options
  • 11-12-2012 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all :) fairly confused about entry requirements for Educational Psychology masters in UCD and Mary I's. I am now completing a Hon Level 8 Degree in Early Childhood Care and Education, in which I hope to attain a 2.1 or 1.1. I have 800 hours+ experience spilt between working with young children and in a County Childcare Committee. I currently receive a grant which takes care of my fees at the moment. I was wondering if anyone on here knows if my current degree counts as an equivalent and if grants are awarded for the MA in either college??
    Thank you for your time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Hey! Unfortunately you need a degree or a H.Dip in psychology to qualify for the MA Educational Psychology. Your experience sounds good though and it's a very competitive path, so if you are interested in this path I'd recommend working in that area while getting your psychology qualification. I haven't done it yet, so I can't answer about grants etc. Good luck!

Advertisement