Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick RTPI?

Options
  • 10-12-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, ive noticed the RTPI poles around town (real time passenger service) for the bus system, anyone know when they will be up and running?

example of what im on about..

RTPI%20Donnycarney%20-%20011210.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Oooo fancy. Oh God I sound so lame thinking that's fancy. It's fancy for Limerick... and it looks like it's already up and running in that photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Oooo fancy. Oh God I sound so lame thinking that's fancy. It's fancy for Limerick... and it looks like it's already up and running in that photo

it also looks like we had isolated heavy snow :p:p

they were testing the system the other day so id imagine it will be online soon.

one of the lads commented on it being 7 minutes to the next bus as we passed..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

MomijiHime wrote: »

From the bin I reckon that's Dublin in the pic. There's a few of them up around town already but I read somewhere recently that they're only testing the system and it would go live in the new year.

Found the link. They go live in February. http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/real-time-bus-info-screens-begin-tests-in-limerick-1-4555862

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

sorry to clarify the picture i posted was from dublin! i used that as an example. Febuary seems very long away for something thats already nearly finished!

Only noticed these (well, the one outside the regional) the other day and it was powered up. I didn't take any notice of what the text said as I drove passed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

dave 27 wrote: »
    sorry to clarify the picture i posted was from dublin! i used that as an example. Febuary seems very long away for something thats already nearly finished!

They are only testing the system now. Hence why they signs are turned on for only some days. Turned on proper in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Still testing the ones that are up and still installing more signs.
    Let's hope they're a bit more reliable than the actual bus Timetables ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I wouldn't worry about it the bus will still be late :pac:

Advertisement