Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay: Odd delivery charges + my rights to keep an order active

Options
  • 10-12-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

I purchased 2 phones from a German seller earlier today, the shipping/delivery terms were:
    Postage and packaging | Each additional item | To | Service | Estimated delivery *

Free P & P | Free | Germany | Other 1-2 Days | 2-3 working days after seller Receives cleared payment

EUR 8.90 | Free | Austria | Economy Int'l Shipping | Varies for items sent from location to internationally Seller posts within 1 day after receiving cleared payment .

Will dispatch worldwide. Contact the seller - opens in a new window or tab for additional postage charges and services.

* The estimated delivery time - opens in a new window or tab is based on the seller's dispatch time, the postal service selected, and when the seller Receives cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab . Sellers are not responsible for postal service transit times. Transit times may vary, Particularly during peak periods.

After emailing them regarding the pricing for delivery to Ireland, I received an email saying that shipping is €14.90.

However, upon ordering the items, my pay now has a delivery fee off €9999 and after requesting an invoice with correct delivery pricing I received the same email in return with the €14.90 shipping price but no correction to my Pay Now section.

After this, the seller now wants to charge almost €300 more per item than the original price (€348.90 - Which was a bargain so I am hoping to force their hand on the original price that I ordered it at).

How should I proceed with this order to ensure I get the item at the original cost and get the fair delivery charge? Am I covered under the distance selling laws for internet orders as I ordered through eBay.ie, even though it was a German seller?

Thanks for your time ♥
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

I'd give e-bay a quick e-mail.

I'm pretty sure it's against the seller rules to do something like this. Can't be sure it's covered under any law, until it's actually paid for there is no contract (unless it was an auction instead of "buy it now").

Make sure to show e-bay the initial postage amount agreed by the seller. Always good to keep those emails :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Yeah between ebay and paypal they will sort this out, you done everything right by messaging first to confirm shipping rates so AFAIK there is a legally binding contract between yous now and they must sell at those prices, Send ebay and paypal the same message and wait for response.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

Still not getting anywhere, the company in question is just playing the silence game hoping I'll go away...

Messaged ebay a second time now as the first was clearly replied by a non English speaking person and their understanding of my case only seemed to revolve around me not being able to get negative feedback over this sale or lack of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,123 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You cannot force them to sell to you. Make sure you report the seller as a non performing seller and give them negative feedback with 1's across the board for their rating

Advertisement