Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL: Best Prediction and Worst Prediction

Options
  • 10-12-2012 4:28pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,
    We all see ourselves as FPL pundits, doling out and taking advice for better or worse...

What prediction at the start of the season that you made on here was your best and which was your worst? QFT pleez.

BEST:

Guys, one to watch if ye trust my judgement :D

Swansea have been trying to sign Michu from Rayo in Spain, and it's looking very likely now. Very handy attacking midfielder who will probably take Siggys role in the team. 15 goals in 37 apps in La Liga last year, despite playing for a side who finished 15th.

WORST
    Kagawa at 8.5 is going to be an absolute steal. Kagawa to be 10m before Christmas. Starting 2013/2014 season at 11.5m

I'm still hoping that Kags proves us all wrong though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeh Michu being the obvious one, even after GW 1 I was amazed more people didn't have him.

Worst... 'Fellaini's form won't continue, he's not good enough' *ahem*...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭amber69

I'm keeping Torres for the full season... got rid after utd game (capt) .. he might still come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

amber69 wrote: »
    I'm keeping Torres for the full season... got rid after utd game (capt) .. he might still come good.

The Chelsea situation is really interesting. They look like an incredible team this year but they've been spreading the floor when it comes to points.

My feeling is that they'll probably keep the most clean sheets this year. Having a Chelsea defender/Cech as your goalkeeper will be a must. Having Mata or Hazard or a Forward is looking to be a must as well. If Falcao comes in January then we'll have a real situation on our hands.

Worst prediction: Wasn't me but damn it for following the stupid articles that kept piping up Darren Bent and Hangeland to score wildly 2 seasons in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ian Harte!

myself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I don't always make pre-season predictions...

...but when I do, they're a thread about Bent and Siggy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056716006

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Not sure about my best but my worst call was definitely that Hazard would take time to settle into the league before we saw any big results from him...

Left with egg all over my face right there! I've still yet to come close to catching up on those who captained him the first 2 or 3 weeks when he ran riot!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Darren Bent for me... taught he would have a great season under the new manager!!! disaster... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Worst was somehow thinking Joe Allen would do well...

Best,still waiting for that one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Actually had Michu since the start so can't complain!

Worst was being told on this I think, that in the long run Pienaar will outscore Fellani (this was at the beginning of the bandwagon), so I didn't make that transfer.
    Also getting rid of Defoe and he goes getting 27 in 3 games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Actually had Michu since the start so can't complain!

Worst was being told on this I think, that in the long run Pienaar will outscore Fellani (this was at the beginning of the bandwagon), so I didn't make that transfer.
    Also getting rid of Defoe and he goes getting 27 in 3 games!

Made the same 2 mistakes but getting rid of Michu after he had a few poor weeks was probably my worst, I only got him back in this week.

• Advertisement

Best: Getting in Jussi and Begovic when both at 4.5

Worst: Never being able to pick them in the right f**king order :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Best: Probably going with Van Persie from day one.

Worst: Take your pick from Bent, Maiga or Graham as bargains, wait a few weeks to see with Hazard, or go with Cole instead of Ivanovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Best: Having Michu from day 1.

Worst: Leaving Tevez go the day before he got 2 and 2 assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I've actually had a lot of my team since GW1.

Michu
    Tevez
    Jaask
    Cazorla
    Clark

Then got RVP in GW3 and Rafael in GW4.

Lescott, de Gea and Larrson were my only pre-season fails and they left the team pretty quick! I actually had Cuellar and Clyne in Week 1. Would've been nice to have had them this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Best: Thinking Rafael was an absolute steal at 5.5, I think he was the first player to go into the team. Could not believe it when Valencia started that first game at RB!

Worst: I've made plenty of bad decisions, but not sure any of them were based on predictions at the start of the season. I did think Podolski would light up the league, but eventually gave up on him after he dropped in value, and the next GW he got a goal and assist versus Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

This screengrab of my watchlist from the pre-season sums it up for me. I got neither of them.

About 5 weeks too late getting Michu. Put him in my brothers team as captain. He was 60/70 ahead after 3/4 weeks.

9dfe767d3f2a08378e108a0790e2529f.png?1355522841

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My worst prediction was that Rob Green would be a steal at 4.5 million because Highes would shore up the West Ham defence.

My best though was also a keeper - predicting Allardyce would shore up West Ham and having Jaas from the start.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Best: Getting in Jussi and Begovic when both at 4.5

Worst: Never being able to pick them in the right f**king order :D

my inability to pick the better of these 2 week in week out is starting to get on my nerves, i usually try favour the home keeper unless they're playing city, united etc but once again i pick the keeper with 1 point while i've 7 sat on my bench :mad:

Advertisement