Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the old man, I want to vaporise him

Options
  • 10-12-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Leading on from the AH thread, I was thinking of buying my old man a vapory type set up for Christmas. He smokes 60 billionty Sweet Afton a day (possible overstatement but he does chain smoke Sweet Afton).

He's also a total technophobe and lazy hoor who'll pester my younger brother to do anything technology related as "he does'nt know about that stuff" so I want to avoid that scenario

So the requirements are:
    Very straightforward set up/maintenance
    Nicotine kick like a mule
    Easy of purchase for refills etc.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Kanger twist starter kit
    Some tobacco or mint flavour 20mg
    You'd probably have to do the buying of juices as it's mainly online.Some places you can collect from though if you live close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Bambi wrote: »
    Leading on from the AH thread, I was thinking of buying my old man a vapory type set up for Christmas. He smokes 60 billionty Sweet Afton a day (possible overstatement but he does chain smoke Sweet Afton).

He's also a total technophobe and lazy hoor who'll pester my younger brother to do anything technology related as "he does'nt know about that stuff" so I want to avoid that scenario

So the requirements are:
    Very straightforward set up/maintenance
    Nicotine kick like a mule
    Easy of purchase for refills etc.

Any suggestions?
    This sounds like a tough one, there is no simple way to vape without accessing the internet (unless you live near to a vaping shop) you’re going to have to order online, and top up your device on a daily basis. Then you have to change coils/heads on a regular basis and know when they need changing, so it looks like your brother will be called on quite frequently to either change things or order off the internet or probably both, then there is the function of a Kanger battery which has to pressed quickly 5 time to power it up and 5 times again when you want to shut it off. Then there is charging batteries. It’s a total culture shock to just pulling out a fag from a box and lighting it up, but health wise it’s a no brainer.

I would recommend for your father a AIO PCC kit that charges the battery on the go and use Cartomizers that need topping up daily (though they can be fiddly too but it’s just a 2 piece set up and more convenient for someone starting out and less hassle for someone who might say “ bugger this it’s too much fiddling”

Here is the link for the AIO and PCC (PCC stands for personal charging case). http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aio.htm
    And here is the link for the replaceable/top up cartomisers. http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/bogecarto.htm
    You will also need bottles of liquid to top up your carts, these can be found on any website including the one I have linked above.

The only reason I have suggested the AIO instead of the Kanger Twist is it sounds like your father would get pretty peeved with the amount of work associated with the Kanger and it might be a very unused Xmas pressy if as you say in your own words "and lazy hoor"
    I would also suggest using 24mg strength liquid if your dad is a non tip smoker, he might not get the throat kick with a lighter strength liquid.

Advertisement