Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Laptop Company - any reviews

Options
  • 10-12-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Anyone had experience buying from this company -
    www.cheaplaptopcompany.com?
    Feedback good or bad gratefully received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bigjoe77

Hi lizard queen i was just wondering did you buy a laptop from them after sorry about late reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Unhappy Customer

DO NOT BUY from these, I bought two laptops in good faith and even paid £6.99 next day delivery as need some for work urgently!
    The laptops never came and after trying to get hold of them they did say they would resend out which they did.
    I asked for my 6.99 back as a refund and they never even acknowledged this and have not spoke to them since this matter 5 weeks ago. Now the laptops dont work properly! Can I get hold of them? NO!!!!!
    Ive more chance of raising the Titanic

Now if there defence; they could just be really bad at organisation as they did originally send the laptops out to me again; so I will keep pursuing but my advise until they either sort there act out or are in Jail then id avoid.

Don't bother presuming them they are NOT going to reply to you. I've being chasing them for a year now. I bought a laptop off them this time last year and it did not suit (it was for my son) i sent 4 emails to change it and even pay any money to change after 1 month they replied saying they would exchange it. Then couple of days later my wife went to use the laptop it would not turn on or take charge. I sent over 30 emails and been in contact with customer rights and got no joy. They never replied to any of my emails the phone no. they use dosnt work.It makes me sick to read they are still trading. If you or any one does ever hear back from th please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lara laurent

Hello ,

I have 3 broken laptops of this company and since several days , i am trying to join them by email to know what is the return procedure but they do not reply . So Could you (if you got it) give me their phone number ?

Many Thanks,
    lara .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 winebox

Give that their IBM Thinkpad T40 is €150 and their T60 (1.8GHZ c2d) is €200 I can't really see that they're cheap at any rate.

I have a T43 I bought for €50 including a docking station and a T60 (2.2GHZ c2d) that I got for €150.

Hi lara. The phone number I used is the one on their website but your wasting your time trying to ring them or send email to them. They will not reply to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bradford1896.

Hello ,

I have 3 broken laptops of this company and since several days , i am trying to join them by email to know what is the return procedure but they do not reply . So Could you (if you got it) give me their phone number ?

Many Thanks,
    lara .

You are wasting your time Lara they won't reply , if you paid by card or paypal contact them its your only option and tell them the cheap laptop company has lots of complaints , they should shut them down

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bradford1896.

Bigjoe77 wrote: »
    Don't bother presuming them they are NOT going to reply to you. I've being chasing them for a year now. I bought a laptop off them this time last year and it did not suit (it was for my son) i sent 4 emails to change it and even pay any money to change after 1 month they replied saying they would exchange it. Then couple of days later my wife went to use the laptop it would not turn on or take charge. I sent over 30 emails and been in contact with customer rights and got no joy. They never replied to any of my emails the phone no. they use dosnt work.It makes me sick to read they are still trading. If you or any one does ever hear back from th please let me know.

Press the credit card company or paypal if you used them , the first time i contacted paypal the Cheap laptop company emailed me straight back as they are frightened of paypal. You are right its a waste of time contacting the company. the company is in Ireland as if it were in England i would give that Eoghan a good hiding . Paypal said if this company are not refunding or dealing with complaints then they will not be able to trade through paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

wow :eek:
    www.cheaplaptopcompany.com?
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 lightdove

I have the same problem with the cheaplaptopcompany. I bought a laptop off them in March & I searched around for a company that offered a warranty as the one I bought the year before is now sitting in a dark cupboard as all it does is turn itself on & off! I only chose this company because it was offering a 12 month warranty. Well that was a joke to say the least! Fast forward to August & I had FOUR faults on this laptop. The screen started flickering; the dialogue for watching dvds was so low I couldn't hear it; the cd/dvd drive wasn't recognised by the computer & it wouldn't print. No problem I thought, I'll just contact them as I have a warranty. I've sent God knows how many emails which have all been ignored. I telephoned them & got a message promising me I would have a PROMPT reply which again is just a joke! It was too late for Paypal to have any influence. I messaged the Spokesman but they were just as bad as they did nothing either! So I've since contacted Citizens Advice & I've also written a message on Facebook & asked people to publically share it & help it go viral; although I doubt it will have much effect. Since then I've fixed 3 of the faults myself with the help of various websites. Now I am still coping with the flickering screen. It's been doing it for so long now I barely notice it! But my worry is that it will affect the system badly if it is left for too long. Please spread this complaint around as this company needs to be stopped treating people like this. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 unhappy1

THE CHEAP LAPTOP COMPANY are Rogue Traders, Shiesters, Con Merchants. Avoid these idiots at all costs as they believe the customers should be grateful that they take our money and we should not expect anything in return except grief. We are not worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Can't help but notice a lot of the replies on this topic are from new Boardies, that alone makes me want to take the info with a pinch of salt.
    I'm not looking for a laptop, was just reading the thread and noticed the post counts. :confused:

Advertisement