Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] More noob questions

Options
  • 10-12-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I tried and failed to get into EVE ages ago, and decided to give it another shot over the weekend. As most noobs do, I've a few questions that I was wondering if people could answer for me? Now, they've probably been answered before, so sorry if it's repetitive for you.

1) Since when have you been able to walk around? I know it's only for your quarters in the stations, but I definitely don't remember that.

2) I'm currently working my way through the agent missions, to ease my way into being ganked later on. So I've been based in the starter (Gallente) space station. I've collected a few ships and a load of different cargo. I was wondering if all that (which is kept in the hanger) is only available from that station. Or if I travel across the systems and dock in another station, will I have access to all of that? And if not, it there some sort of back that lets you access your items from anywhere, or do I have to plan out where I store everything?

3) And speaking of storage, is there a limit to the amount you can keep in the stations hanger?

4) Is there an easy way of comparing ship stats other than opening the info on one, writing it down and then opening the info on another ship and comparing? I'm sure there's only guides, but I was hoping there'd be some option in-game. Seems logical to have one.

5) I have only done the first tutorial on mining, so it might be answered later, but is there any way to find a specific ore? Can you scan for them, or is it just a matter of you learning from experience?

6) How is the skill training organised? I occasionally get a "This skill doesn't fit in your training queue" type message. How do I know how many skills I can train? I had thought it had something to do with the amount of time it takes to learn, but I'm not sure where it says the limit is.

Those are the questions bugging me at the moment, but I'm sure more will pop up. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

now i am noob myself, but i try to help as much as possible:

1) dunno since when, but it is useless thing. its an eye candy for first 5 mins and you forget its there. i would not bother much with it m8.

2) No, the items you put in one station are left in there. you need to be in that station to be bale to pick your items. i think it is a fantastic cool way of doing it as it brings the prefetion of haulers in to the game. people need their **** moved around, some people love to do that too. ;)

3) i dont think there is a limit, if there is a limit it is A LOT!

4) i dont think so, its hard to compare those ships in the way you knew before. In EVE small little frigates can be a pure asskickers of big fat ships. It depends what are you doing in game and then work for the ship you want to fly. One thing to know in EVE: being able to fly a ship means totally **** all, if you dont have all supporting skills for it it will be useless in your hands and people in cheaper smaller ships will run circles around you.
    It takes time in EVE to learn stuff, ships, what they good for, how they have to be fitted out etc. i am playing 3 months now and i barely know anything about armor tanking. i am caldati shield user and i still learning the basics of it. :o

5) my main income is mining. i have one character just dedicated to mining. its very easy, half afk and huge income for minimum effort. All you need to know about mining: get a retriever and then mackinaw. find an abandoned 0.6 system and mine veldsper/scordite/pyroxerers. those are low grade ores, but different from other games low level ores are still needed even for the best ships in game. Ironicly mining low grade ore in high sec is waaaaaaaay more profitable in risk/reward chart then mining something rare.

6) skill training has a queue, go to your character sheet and press button "open training Queue" in skills tab. you can just drag and drop skills in there to train. arrange them the way you want. you can stack up skills up to 24h in advance, but with biggers skills you can drop then last ( if you still got some space in 24h queue ) and it iwll be in a queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

humanji wrote: »
    I tried and failed to get into EVE ages ago, and decided to give it another shot over the weekend. As most noobs do, I've a few questions that I was wondering if people could answer for me? Now, they've probably been answered before, so sorry if it's repetitive for you.

1) Since when have you been able to walk around? I know it's only for your quarters in the stations, but I definitely don't remember that.

2) I'm currently working my way through the agent missions, to ease my way into being ganked later on. So I've been based in the starter (Gallente) space station. I've collected a few ships and a load of different cargo. I was wondering if all that (which is kept in the hanger) is only available from that station. Or if I travel across the systems and dock in another station, will I have access to all of that? And if not, it there some sort of back that lets you access your items from anywhere, or do I have to plan out where I store everything?

3) And speaking of storage, is there a limit to the amount you can keep in the stations hanger?

4) Is there an easy way of comparing ship stats other than opening the info on one, writing it down and then opening the info on another ship and comparing? I'm sure there's only guides, but I was hoping there'd be some option in-game. Seems logical to have one.

5) I have only done the first tutorial on mining, so it might be answered later, but is there any way to find a specific ore? Can you scan for them, or is it just a matter of you learning from experience?

6) How is the skill training organised? I occasionally get a "This skill doesn't fit in your training queue" type message. How do I know how many skills I can train? I had thought it had something to do with the amount of time it takes to learn, but I'm not sure where it says the limit is.

Those are the questions bugging me at the moment, but I'm sure more will pop up. Can anyone help?

1) Last year
    2) Only available in the station you store it. Plan wisely.
    3) No limit
    4) Use EVEMon - http://evemon.battleclinic.com/ 3rd party utility, very useful for browsing ships, fittings skills etc and requirement for same. It also links to battleclinic.com with suggested fitting for every ship.
    5) http://www.eveonlinehome.com/ore_map.php
    6) You can queue as many skills as you want up to one days worth of training time. Or one skill if it exceeds one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Thanks guys.

Advertisement