Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hinchys garage

Options
  • 10-12-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭

have they taken over the opel franchise in limerick, the grapevine suggests that they have, interesting times ahead, will they use it as a sales point only, with the serviceing etc being carried out in garryspillane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Hinchys have been Opel for years. Themselves and Ennis Road Motors were limericks two Opel dealers but now it's just Hinchys.

Edit: do you mean have Hinchys moved into the Ennis Road lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Heard a similar rumour myself recently too. No smoke without fire imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Passed it earlier and the barrier has been taken down on one side so somebody has been in there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

what i mean is will it be used as a sales point only, or will it work as a normal garage, if co will city rates of pay be the norm, or will it be the rate that is paid in garryspillane.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the Ennis Road showroom is in the Co Limerick boundry anyways. Rates would be paid based on the location of the premises, my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Nice to hear good news.
    The former Ennis Road Motors premises is a very fine premises.
    Best wishes to Hinchys on their expansion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think the Ennis Road showroom is in the Co Limerick boundry anyways. Rates would be paid based on the location of the premises, my guess.

No Bazz, that area became part of the City about 2/3 years ago when the boundaries were extended (slightly).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I also noticed that the house on the Topaz side of Ennis Road Motors has sold, which was empty and on the market for as long as I can remember! I reckon it's connected! My guess is that they may build some sort of workshop on the site as Ennis Road Motors previously had their service centre in Clondrinagh!
    Just speculation on my part though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'm surprised it's taken this long. Some people in the know mentioned it to me in September.

Best of luck to them with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Jofspring

From what I heard the deal to move in there initially fell through. A deal must have been done recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I imagine they called in that favour Opel owed them after Kia did them a favour when Opel wouldn't a few years back.

Whatever way you look at it, Opel needed a dealer in that showroom far more than Hinchy's needed to expand.

I hope it goes well for them. They have a very professional outfit in Garryspillane which can only help in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Best of luck to them and us West Limerick Kia owners will be delighted to have a city based garage to go to, lovely and all as Garyspillane is it's not very convenient ...

i think they will do the repairs out in garryspillane, as there would be quite a difference in the rates of pay and conditions between a city garage and the place in garryspillane,

ninty9er wrote: »
    I imagine they called in that favour Opel owed them after Kia did them a favour when Opel wouldn't a few years back.

Whatever way you look at it, Opel needed a dealer in that showroom far more than Hinchy's needed to expand.

I hope it goes well for them. They have a very professional outfit in Garryspillane which can only help in the city.

please tell us more, what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭manna452121

alan1990 wrote: »
    I also noticed that the house on the Topaz side of Ennis Road Motors has sold, which was empty and on the market for as long as I can remember! I reckon it's connected! My guess is that they may build some sort of workshop on the site as Ennis Road Motors previously had their service centre in Clondrinagh!
    Just speculation on my part though!
    This house was bought by a local man and he is planning some work to it. http://www.limerickcity.ie/eplan/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=12117&LASiteID=0

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Just passed. Locksmith is changing the locks so definitely something

• Registered Users Posts: 23,789 ✭✭✭✭phog

At least 2 of the Ennis Rd Motors staff are now working with Hincheys.

Advertisement