Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of upcoming Loyalist protest areas and roadblocks to avoid

Options
  • 10-12-2012 1:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Monday 10th:

South Belfast, Monday night, 5pm
    Ballycastle, 6:30pm
    Armagh, 'Top of the Mall' 7:30pm
    Lower Square, Kilkeel, 7:00pm
    Limavady, Townhall, 5:00pm
    Ballyclare, Townhall carpark, time unknown
    Ballyclare, Main Street, 4:00pm

Tuesday 11th:

Magherahfelt, 7:30pm
    Portadown, 7:00pm

Wednesday 12th:

Whitehead, Belfast Road, 7:00pm, probable roadblock

Friday 14th:

Donaghcloney, 8:00pm
    Knocknagoney, 7:00pm

Saturday 15th:

Expected mass protesting at 7pm

Catholics and Nationalists should avoid these areas, even when driving. UVF and UDA involvement, men with hammers as in the past week to break out car windows.

I was going to post this in the politics section, however banned from that subforum for criticism of Israeli regime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Catholics, nationalist and anyone else who isn't from those particular ghettos.

basically if you don't know the local thugs well enough to be standing on the roadblock beside them, stay well clear, regardless of you ideologies.

As a unionist prod I deplore this.

scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

This isn't politics, it's thugs and wasters enjoying their favourite activity and encouraging kids who don't know better to come along for the ride and do their dirty work for them.

I'm embarrassed by it, I'm embarrassed for them, I'm embarrassed by the complete and utter lack of leadership shown by any credible politician in these areas, and I genuinely hope that boardsies know that this action is not representative of Ulster protestants and unionists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I don't know how these pople are allowed to block roads, particularly not just on an ad hoc basis, but a planned and orchestrated basis.

They simply should not be allowed to do it.

If this type of behaviour is legitimised by allowing them to do so then it teaches us that road blocking is an acceptable form of protest. In which case, I would expect that in the future residents groups be allowed to block roads to contentious parades where they so desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

i got caught up in the traffic on the shaws bridge. not fun on a Monday evening i can assure you!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

The amount of oneupmanship is really starting to grate on me. I don't care what side of a community people are from, there is a time and place for peaceful protests and demonstrations, and I would support them in justifiable situations.

I wonder if a plastic bullet to the chest whilst in the process of throwing petrol bombs would be a deterrent to rioters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Found this funny, Uncle Andy from Give My Head Peace predicted the fleg problem

Seriously though, it's sad that these "protests" will apparently continue every day until the flag is put up all year, democracy in action eh? in the words of the NI green party leader, flying a flag does not make someone more or less british, or more or less irish so whats the fuss really over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

guttenberg wrote: »
    NI green party leader, flying a flag does not make someone more or less british, or more or less irish so whats the fuss really over?
    Ah but he even has green in his party's name, so you can guess what side HE's on!!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

And Father Ted has his say.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

We voted for change.
    The 'No surrender' lady seems demented.

• Advertisement
Advertisement