Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Fights for 2013

Options
  • 09-12-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Two for me:

Lucas Matthysse vs Adrien Broner @ 140lbs

Matthysse is the uncrowned king of the LWW division and is probably the most popular fighter in the sport who hasn't won a belt. Broner is clearly a cut above the weak 135lb division and comfortably big enough for 140. Style match-up is excellent and it'd make for an amazing fight.

Sergio Martinez vs Gennady Golovkin

Martinez is the undisputed MW king, but has little enough by way of competition @ 160lbs to further his claims to greatness. The Mayweather fight is a pipe dream and going up to fight Ward seems just as unlikely. Golovkin, despite having little enough by the way of mainstream exposure, is the man who can provide Martinez with a legacy enhancing fight. He looks an absolute monster, and the fact that everyone his team approaches for a match-up flees in terror is the clearest indication that it's not all hype. There's not a better fight to be made in the middleweight division.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

LEE VS Macklin, Fury VS Price, Rigo Vs Donaire, Pacquaio Vs JMM V, Khan Vs Brook, Burns Vs Broner, Mayweather Vs Martinez (i no im not being realistic but one can dream) Canelo VS Trout, Vitali VS Haye, Froch Vs Kessler, Frampton Vs Quigg, Ward vs Pasqual, agree with Martinez Vs Golovkin, Degale Vs Groves Remach, winner of Price Fury fight a Klitschko, a long list i know but i really think there is so many good fights possible for 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

A fight that I've been awaiting for a long, long time.

Audley Harrison vs Butterbean.

Advertisement