Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2 - What route have you gone?

Options
  • 09-12-2012 1:32pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So with double exp weekend in full swing I thought I'd start a new thread to discuss what route you've gone, what unlocks you got for it and what has worked well and not so well.

Personally I've gone down the route of AA MAX (double burster, double arm ammo unlock, 1x Nano regen, 1x Ammo cannister) which has worked great. The nano regen takes care of the splash damage, annoying sniper damage etc. and the additional ammo in each arm makes a noticeable difference (I can switch from one target to the next with out a reload).

Light Assault with Shotty - O.M.F.G. this was the thing that sealed LA as main by far. Got the top shotty with 8 shots (VS) and upgraded ammo storage (+4). It's 2 shot kill at point blank, 3 for Heavy. You can take out anyone using it and drop in behind enemy groups and slaughter them all! I also got C4 (great to piss off tanks with or lure groups around corners to blow 'em up!) to combine with it all. I did get the slug shots to get more range but between the slow down in shots and the fact you start to think you can take on enemy with rifles at 10m I simply removed the mod. I'm currently 400 kills away from platinum with this thing and it has skyrocketed my kill ratio to be honest. To complement this I've also got 4 points into shield armor cert to reduce the shield regen to kick in by 2s (helps get me into combat faster again).

Other things I've gotten is a 12x scope on my infiltrator (to big zoom in, mistake there) and both mines for Engy (I drop them on vehicle spawn points for anti tank mines and the infantry one at vehicle terminals or central stairs/entrances). They work but the problem with it is I can't respawn as engy as that will remove my dropped stuff which is a pity. Good thing is the mines remain there for ages (I've got kills 30 min after dropping them from the other side of the map) though :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I'm a Heavy Assault, pimped Magrider driving god.

I can literally get my Mag anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Nody how the feck have you been able to buy all those upgrades??

So far I've put most time into my NC Heavy character. Im using the basic LMG with a nightvision/thermal scope and a forgrip to reduce recoil. I find it pretty effective. My battle rank is only 9 so I haven't put that much time into it yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

MadYaker wrote: »
    Nody how the feck have you been able to buy all those upgrades??

So far I've put most time into my NC Heavy character. Im using the basic LMG with a nightvision/thermal scope and a forgrip to reduce recoil. I find it pretty effective. My battle rank is only 9 so I haven't put that much time into it yet.
    I'm BR 26 atm (I saw a BR 52 a few days ago and regularly see 35+ guys usually in ESFs); burster arm and shotty was bought with station cash from the Alpha package and the rest are cert only :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

have gone down the liberator route > dalton, zeypher, tankbuster composite armor 2 and the middle performance optipn
    few upgrades for magrider

my tr toon on woodman, is purely prowler(optic and ammo upgrades) and engineer specced( repair tool 4, ammo 2, nano armor 3, proxy mines ) rifle reflex scope 2

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

So far, I've mostly been focusing on Light Assault - so far, I've picked up the TRAC-5 S and a fair share of attachments to accommodate different fights, gotten one 'block' of C4 (I'm going to save for my second soon) and rank 5 Jumpjets. So far, I've had pretty good success with that setup, although all the C4 purchases (along with our recent loss of the Infantry Purchase bonus on Indar, because nobody has completely capped the continent on Lithcorp in weeks, AFAIK) has taken its toll on my infantry resource pool!

Beyond that, I've probably put most of my points into my Sunderer, with a few certs here and there in other classes to make them useful on the few occasions I do use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've invested in a medic gun of destruction. Whenever I see someone who needs to be healed, I point it at them and bam! it starts healing someone behind me who already has full health :(

Stupid ass medic gun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm slowly maxing out my NC Heavy's nanoweave and special shield abilities. Red dot and forward grip on the N6 SAW makes it seriously useful mid-long range. I unlocked the other rocket launchers for a little versatility, and the Piston auto-shotgun is just the bee's knees when it's time to fight indoors, I'll be upgrading that a fair bit methinks. Vehicle-wise my certs are torn between the lightning and the Flash. I'm hoping to get a bit more armour for the tank, but I'm also obsessed with the idea of forming a posse full of quad bikes with LMGs and rough-riding it across the hills...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sarky wrote: »
    I'm slowly maxing out my NC Heavy's nanoweave and special shield abilities. Red dot and forward grip on the N6 SAW makes it seriously useful mid-long range. I unlocked the other rocket launchers for a little versatility, and the Piston auto-shotgun is just the bee's knees when it's time to fight indoors, I'll be upgrading that a fair bit methinks. Vehicle-wise my certs are torn between the lightning and the Flash. I'm hoping to get a bit more armour for the tank, but I'm also obsessed with the idea of forming a posse full of quad bikes with LMGs and rough-riding it across the hills...
    Who need's LMGs when you can kill people by running them over with the quad bike; bonus points for lining it up, jumping of the bike and have the riderless bike do the killing :pac: !

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

In addition to what Nody said, you should invest in the Nitro upgrade for the ultimate in surprise attacks.

Advertisement