Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster CC - Dumb Question coming up but here goes...

Options
  • 09-12-2012 10:09am
    Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭

I've been looking into getting a semi-serious fitness regime in my life again at 40. I do circuits at home but find them eternally boring. I also have an interest in taking up Table Tennis again.

I have come across Leinster Cricket Club in my searching. It has gym facilities and a Table Tennis set up. The membership fee is very reasnoable and the location of Rathmines is convenient for me.

HOWEVER, while I am a big cricket fan, I have no interest (no offence to current/past players) in playing the game.

Would I stick out like a sore thumb if I became a member to use the other facilites mentioned above?

Thanks in advance...:)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Leinster is actually a sports club, of which cricket is but a part. Your best bet is to drop down to the club and discuss what you're interested in. They can advise you of how to go about joining the relevant parts of the club.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

TrueDub wrote: »
    Leinster is actually a sports club, of which cricket is but a part. Your best bet is to drop down to the club and discuss what you're interested in. They can advise you of how to go about joining the relevant parts of the club.

Thanks for the advice...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Renno

Yes, come on down. The office is open weekday mornings from 9-1 ish, but there is always someone around - the bar is open every day.

It's called Leinster Cricket Club due the cricket being first, and the other sections joining it over the last 160 years. But in fairness, the cricket is just part of a big club

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Renno wrote: »
    Yes, come on down. The office is open weekday mornings from 9-1 ish, but there is always someone around - the bar is open every day.

It's called Leinster Cricket Club due the cricket being first, and the other sections joining it over the last 160 years. But in fairness, the cricket is just part of a big club

Thats good to know. I'm liking what I'm hearing...:)

Advertisement